Problem Installing WordPress Through Laragon

• | 487 points

I am a newbie in programming and cms. I am using wordpress local environment using laragon for it.

After the wordpress sites get installed in my local host. The selection page of language comes. after selecting the language. the next page is the listing

here is the proforma

Welcome to WordPress. Before getting started, we need some information on the database. You will need to know the following items before proceeding.

Database name
    Database username
    Database password
    Database host
    Table prefix (if you want to run more than one WordPress in a single database)
    We’re going to use this information to create a wp-config.php file. If for any reason this automatic file creation doesn’t work, don’t worry. All this does is fill in the database information to a configuration file. You may also simply open wp-config-sample.php in a text editor, fill in your information, and save it as wp-config.php. Need more help? We got it.

what to do in the next page.

Keeping the defaults and progressing is not helping.

Its giving this

Error establishing a database connection
    This either means that the username and password information in your wp-config.php file is incorrect or we can’t contact the database server at localhost. This could mean your host’s database server is down.

Are you sure you have the correct username and password?
    Are you sure that you have typed the correct hostname?
    Are you sure that the database server is running?
    If you’re unsure what these terms mean you should probably contact your host. If you still need help you can always visit the WordPress Support Forums.

Neither changing it does.

What should i do please help all friends.

I really want to learn.

• administrators
    | 91058 points

@laragonani : How about creating another new project like wptest?

• | 487 points

How to do that can you explatin

• | 487 points

hi leokhoa thanks for replying so fast. can you give me an url step by step process of installing wp in localhost through laragon. it will be of great help.

• administrators
    | 91058 points

• | 3729 points

@laragonani I made a 2 minute video showing exactly this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXv4wlzbaNw&t=2s

• | 3729 points

Since laragon 3.1 you shouldn’t need to do WordPress’ database configuration anyways.
    What version of laragon did you install?

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.