Organizing root folder with client folders?

• | 93 points

Hello, I just checked Laragon and it looks like a great tool. I just have one doubt.

I usually organize my projects in a folder structure like this:

/CLIENTS/[client_name]/[website.extension]

Do I have to set the document root each time to /CLIENTS/[client_name]/?
    Or is there a way to set /CLIENTS/ as document root, and have Laragon find the projects in each subfolder?

• administrators
    | 111224 points

@stepunk : You can change the DocumentRoot in Menu > Preferences

• | 285 points

Re: Organizing root folder with client folders?

Hi, I know this thread is a few months old, but I have a related issue so using this example here, but I can start a new thread if needed?

The pretty URL's pick up automatically from the root folder, but I can't work out how to point them to sub folders like the example. Ideally I want to switch quickly without having to change the document root each time.

e.g.

• /CLIENTS/Client_1/Project_a
    • /CLIENTS/Client_1/Project_b
    • /CLIENTS/Client_2/Project_c

I'd like to be able to access via

• project_a.test
    • project_b.test
    • project_c.test etc.

I tried to set up a manual config file in C:\laragon\etc\apache2\sites-enabled, with auto. prefix removed and adding

project_a.text.config:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    DocumentRoot "C:/CLIENTS/Client_1/Project_a/"
    ServerName project_a.test
    ServerAlias *.project_a.test
    <Directory "C:/CLIENTS/Client_1/Project_ac/">
    AllowOverride All
    Require all granted
    </Directory>
    </VirtualHost>

hosts file:
    127.0.0.1 project_a.test #laragon magic!

• administrators
    | 111224 points

@sccowl : 80% of the time, we will not work on both Client_1 & Client_2
    Therefore, in your case, I just switch Document Root using Menu > www > Switch Document Root

• When you switch to /CLIENTS/Client_1, Laragon will create project_a.test & project_b.test
    • When you switch to /CLIENTS/Client_1, Laragon will create project_c.test

Otherwise, you can use multiple instances of Laragon:
    C:\laragon\Client_1\laragon.exe
    C:\laragon\Client_2\laragon.exe

• | 560 points

@stepunk
    Here is how I have mine set up.
    Laragon Data Dir: C:\laragon\data
    My Document Root: C:\Users\qwerty\www

Inside of C:\Users\organ\www I have various clients and projects. I even have Adminer (which I use instead of PHPMyAdmin for easy access.

In your taskbar - right-click Laragon > Apache > sites-enabled and select the project you want to edit. Change DocumentRoot and Directory to the path of your VirtualHost.

This comes in super handy. For example I have one project (with 2 VirtualHost "domains") where I have javascript and css fully minimized and concatenated for production but in the same project folder I have everything scattered for testing & development. Only difference is the URL (dev.client.webdev & prod.client.webdev) but both being served from the same project folder.

I hope this helps.
    If you need further explanation, please let me know.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.