Laragon portable inside dropbox cannot start nginx

• | 370 points

I have downloaded Laragon and moved to Dropbox.
    Once I try to start the service I get this error.

Do I need to execute something or install something to start the service?
    I would like to have Laragon as a dev tool with the same database and php versions across two locations without two installations.

alt text

• administrators
    | 97438 points

@Gaspar-Sabater : Of course, you can. However, I did not understand the error message. It is the key to sort out the issue.

• | 370 points

Hello @leokhoa ,

The message says: "C..." is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
    My guess is that some config path is not configured correctly and it's trying to execute the path as a program.

• administrators
    | 97438 points

@Gaspar-Sabater : Strange. In its design, Laragon should auto-correct wrong paths before running.

• | 370 points

@leokhoa : I see that each time laragon is launched, a bunch of config files are updated to change paths and other configuration values.

Specifically in nginx.conf (which I guess is the one not working), I see on lines 34 and 35:

include "C:/Users/PC1/Dropbox (Bonda)/Laragon/etc/nginx/php_upstream.conf";
    include "C:/Users/PC1/Dropbox (Bonda)/Laragon/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/*.conf";

Could be the problem with the spaces in the path? Dropbox adds them automatically when having multiple dropbox accounts on the same computer. And I have had problems with spaces in paths in the past.

• administrators
    | 97438 points

@Gaspar-Sabater : Definitely! If you use the installer, it will warn you.

• | 370 points

@leokhoa : that's cool.
    I guess you could add some kind of warning or message when detecting spaces in paths for the portable version as well.

Also, is there any change we can do to use Laragon with spaced paths? I can change this manually but the program will overwrite the path on the conf file .

• administrators
    | 97438 points

@Gaspar-Sabater : How about create a symbolic link to your DropBox Path?

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.