Problems with PostgreSQL > pgAdmin > python dll

• | 1084 points

Hi - so I upgraded to Laragon 4 and used the quick install for PostgreSql. I added an empty database from pgAdmin and once I got it to allow me to click the "restore" button I tried restoring an existing database. (I'm new to PostgreSql)
    But I get an error dialog with "The program can't start because python36.dll is missing from your computer".
    I've restarted and then done a separate install of Python to the computer plus a restart, but same error.
    Any ideas?

FYI: the quick install of PostgreSql seems to miss anything to do with setting a password, or showing a dialog to add one - I got stuck till I added my own "pgpass.conf" file in the PostgreSql directory.

Thanks for the great work making Laragon!

• administrators
    | 110340 points

Hi @anothername : I did not use the "restore" button. To restore database quickly, you should use psql in Terminal (Menu > Laragon > Terminal). The command is simple:

psql my-database < path-of-my.sql

PostgreSQL is secure in local (with pg_hba.conf), so you can login with no password with 2 users:

• postgres
    • Your-Windows-Account (Laragon automatically creates it)

Once you use PostgreSQL with Laragon, you'll find it is very easy to manage.

• | 1084 points

I can't get it to work when I try the terminal.

is this correct:
    I place the backup in my laragon directory
    I go to that directory in the terminal, then:

psql mydb.backup < db_name_I_previously_added_in_PgAdmin

But I get
    psql: FATAL: database "mydb.backup" does not exist

I also tried
    psql mydb.backup < data\mysql\mysql\postgresql-11\db_name_I_previously_added_in_PgAdmin

Any ideas?

• administrators
    | 110340 points

@anothername : You haven't create the mydb.backup database yet. Just create it:

createdb mydb.backup

• | 1084 points

Right - it seems to work but there are no tables. So then I tried phpPgAdmin but that can't find the databases.
    It's a backup I've been sent but they say there are tables and data in there. I just want something simple like phpMyAdmin!

• administrators
    | 110340 points

@anothername : I guess you may need DbVisualizer: https://www.dbvis.com/

• | 1084 points

Thanks
    DB Visualiser doesn't allow import on the free version.
    I finally got phpPgAdmin to work.
    For other users: there's an updated fork that works better but I still had to edit the PHP for several things. Doesn't seem to be consistently maintained.

• | 42 points

same issue with fresh installation.please fix it

• | 8 points

Will db visualiser work in this?

• | 42 points

solved this issue by using another version of postgresql.currently using 11.1.1 version and it worked with pgadmin and all.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.