Not a right MYSQL path!

• | 258 points

With much promise and anticipation for a fast and well-featured local server for WordPress work, I downloaded the most recent version of Laragon and installed it and got this error message. I then uninstalled and reinstalled and get the same message.
    Can anyone help me? I dislike Desktop Server and loathe Local and really want to love Laragon! I've read such good things about it.

• administrators
    | 115330 points

@ibowden : After installing - did you check the path exists?
    Btw, is your OS 32-bit?

• | 258 points

After delving deeper into this I found the root of my problem: A long-time-ago installation of Laragon that I'd tried out and abandoned. After uninstalling, wiping out the whole c:/laragon directory, and then reinstalling, everything now works as it should - and my optimism is restored!

• | 258 points

I did check the path and it did exist, but the mysqld.exe program wasn't there, so I copied it into that directory and things still didn't work.
    Nope. 64-bit.
    As noted, I am up and running and believe the root of the problem was a past install of Laragon that didn't clean up properly after being uninstalled.
    Thanks for the response.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.