[Tutorial] How to add another MySQL version
Now you can add new version MySQL 8.0.12
you can download mysql-8.0.12-winx64.zip extract in bin/mysql
So, as mentioned by @Ismail-IndoTech I updated latest mysql and it partly worked.
Got same error after updating myql, then did the following:
- Updated Laragon from 3.2 => 3.4
- Extracted latest mysql in bin/mysql
- Started Laragon, got cryptic error (was related to user permission/password, basically needed to tell Laragon/mysql that I upgraded mysql)
- Ran "mysql_upgrade -u root" either from cmd or run the terminal from Laragon launcher where we start/stop services
Everything works fine now.
For me I have : Error occurred: Query against mysql.user table failed when checking the mysql.session.
Hi, just dropped by this thread and then try to update mysql to mysql 8
Here what i've done :
- Windows 10 64 bit runing laragon Full 3.3.3
- Download mysql 8 from here http://ftp.iij.ad.jp/pub/db/mysql/Downloads/MySQL-8.0/mysql-8.0.13-winx64.zip
- Stop running services from laragon GUI
- Rename laragon\data\mysql to C:\laragon\data\mysql_backup, just in case something bad happens
- Extract mysql-8.0.13-winx64.zip to C:\laragon\bin\mysql, now it has two folders: mysql-5.7.19-winx64 and mysql-6.0.13-winx64
- Ask laragon to use mysql-8 via it's popup-menu from it's try icon
- Start all laragon services from laragon GUI
- Mysql-8 apparently create folder mysql-8 in laragon\data, so I think step number 4 can be skipped, but I would rather do it
- Try to log using heidisql, it works
- Try to migrate my laravel database using php artisan migrate, successful
I assume my installation of mysql-8 is successful. Hope this could help you!!
@kidipridi yes but in heidySQL when you go to menu Outils > users to want to add users it say errors ...
@Paul-BOREL : You can try updating HeidiSQL:
- Download https://www.heidisql.com/builds/heidisql64.r5332.exe
- Overwrite the
@leokhoa hello i have the last version...
It say that have not mysql.user....
Oh I see now, just tried and got the same erros. It's actually because MySQL-8 didn't create the default database it needs to work normally. Been tried to google for any solution with no luck and because I don't have any other mysql-8 installation, I can't figure out which part is missing from Mysql's databases.
But finally, I found and tried my own trick and it works like charm :
- Stop mysql
- Delete folder laragon\data\mysql-8
- Rename my old mysql5.7 data which was laragon\data\mysql_backup to mysql-8 (Actually i didn't rename it, I just copied and pasted it, then I rename it to mysql-8, just in case any trouble should appears)
- Start mysql
- From terminal, change directory to laragon\bin\mysql\mysql-8.0.13-winx64\bin
- Run mysql_upgrade -u root
Wish u luck, mate!
Ya he hecho este cambio pero no funciona para la version de windows 32bit. Alguien ha realizado este cambio en windows 32 bit.?
quizás esta opción de autenticación tenga algo que ver para que no conecte el MySQL 8 con esta versión de laragon, de momento funciona bien con la version 8.0.12 saludos