Force www link in Laragon to go to WordPress wp-login.php

• | 1713 points

Currently, when clicking a project under the "www" menu list, Laragon takes us to the projects' main home page for the CMS (WordPress) install.

http://localhost/(WordPress Project Name)/

I am trying to find how I can change it, to make the "www" menu link go directly to the WordPress "wp-login.php" page instead.

http://localhost/(WordPress Project Name)/wp-login.php

Is this possible?

Thanks

• | 1713 points

It was 16 days ago I posted this request/question and there has been over 80 views of my question and no one has provided any input.

Have I asked a question that is beyond the abilities of people in this forum?

• | 13 points

I am also having the same question, Please answer us.. Hoping that this issue doesn't affect my downloading process of rom file from games you can play site.

• administrators
    | 115988 points

• | 1713 points

@leokhoa
    Thanks for the reply, but that is not what I am asking for use in a LocalHost enviroment using Laragon.

The link you provided only redirects a person to the home (main) page of the Wordpress install if they try to access "wp-login.php".

This is not what I had asked, so let me try to ask it a different way,

Question (rephrased)
    The "www" link provided by the Laragon client goes directly to the project home page,
    I want to make the "www" (Laragon > Menu > www > WordPress project) link go to the WordPress login page.

I don't want WordPress to redirect access away from any page, I want change Laragon's "www" project link.

• | 1713 points

@mark2090 said in Force www link in Laragon to go to WordPress wp-login.php:

@leokhoa
    Thanks for the reply, but that is not what I am asking for use in a LocalHost enviroment using Laragon.

The link you provided only redirects a person to the home (main) page of the Wordpress install if they try to access "wp-login.php".

This is not what I had asked, so let me try to ask it a different way,

Question (rephrased)
    The "www" link provided by the Laragon client goes directly to the project home page,
    I want to make the "www" (Laragon > Menu > www > WordPress project) link go to the WordPress login page.

I don't want WordPress to redirect access away from any page, I want change Laragon's "www" project link.

I guess this request has been ignored by this forum, and those techs working here don't want to answer it.

• | 1183 points

I came here looking for similar - in fact I want to go straight to wp-admin when I run a project. After all we are all developers I guess and we all want to edit rather than just view our sites when using Laragon.

This thread suggest that suffixing /wp-admin or wp-login ftn is a nontrivial problem.

Whatever otherwise Laragon is great.

• | 1713 points

@patbell101
    ... or that no one can provide an answer.

It would make sense that we should have the option to set that www link, since installing a WordPress site to a localhost is primarily for development purposes and not for public viewing purposes.

• | 911 points

@mark2090 I think all CMS including wordpress, joomla etc will go to project main page by default. Most of the CMS admin area are in different folder / sub folder inside CMS. If you did manage to start / load admin area in root URL, you will have trouble getting into main page area later.

But if you insist going that way, there are few options to do it:

1. In laragon, you can enable virtual host and then you have to modify it to point to wp-login.php in root URL
    2. Use htaccess redirect

• | 1713 points

@borhanuddin
    Yes, with Laragon, in the main menu using "www" menu item, it goes to the default CMS main page for the project install selected.

No, that would be incorrect, in regards to the "...loading admin area in root URL, you will have trouble getting to the main page area later." ... there is no intent to change the www link to access the admin sub-folders of any CMS. It is only to access the login file in the root folder (WordPress), which I manually do by typing in URL reference to the login file "wp-login.php".

Virtual host - I have to look at that, thanks for the suggestion.
    .htaccess - got to test that, but I believe at this point that won't work because it will stop my access to the main page for any viewing of the site and lock me into redirects away from the main page.

Thanks for the suggestion, it something I can work on.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.