How to import data web & DB from old backed up install?

• | 395 points

Hi! Could you help me to import data & DB from an old backup install?

Story: Something went wrong, my DB broked down with incomplete import of huge file and I couldn't clean it up or run it. I've renamed the "laragon" dir to "laragon_old" dir, installed it once again. Started working on a project and now I'd like to go back to old ones, but simply moving data & DB to respective folders doesn't help. How I could do it?

Thanks a lot!
    Karolina

• administrators
    | 115691 points

@vyskoczilova : You should copy proper files and folders. Hope this article help:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/115681/mysql-innodb-database-restore

• | 395 points

Hi thanks a lot, but somehow it doesn't work... I've downloaded a portable Laragon. Copied over all DB files. The DB's are created but no data within tables :( it throws "unknown table engine". But I have no clue if they were broken before or not imported correctly right now. Do you have any advice?

• administrators
    | 115691 points

@vyskoczilova : Please be noticed that the portable comes with MySQL 5.1 which is very old.

• | 395 points

Hi leokhoa, oh, good point. Upgraded DB, all tables got imported, however, except the first one all of them are empty with no content at all. I thought that having saved database & www files on an external drive would be enough, but apparently not :(

Anway, leokhoa, thanks for your help and thumbs up!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.