Can't load root...

• | 754 points

Hi all, I'm new to Laragon - this is my first time using it. I installed it and changed the default root and data directories, as well as installed PHP 7.3 and phpmyadmin from the "Quick Add" feature, so far that's all. I do not have auto virtual hosts active. Then I clicked "Web" and it seems to be leading to the new root, and clicking "Database" does lead to phpmyadmin, so I created a subdirectory (Mamapress) there and downloaded WordPress into it to test it. Now all I get when visiting localhost/Mamapress is this:

Warning: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required 'C:/Users/mishew/OneDrive/Dev/Laragon/Root/Mamapress/index.php' (include_path='.;C:/laragon/etc/php/pear') in Unknown on line 0

But there is, in fact, an index.php file in that directory, because an entire copy of WordPress is in that directory. Is there some step that I'm missing?

• | 754 points

Oy, okay I figured it out. Apparently it just doesn't work when the root directory is on OneDrive. I've managed to get it working by keeping the default root directory, but since I want to backup everything in OneDrive, I've created a symlink in OneDrive that targets the default directory, and OneDrive successfully uploads through that.

If anyone else is having this trouble, just set the root back to the default, open the command prompt (run as administrator), and enter this, replacing the first path in quotes with whatever you want to create as the directory in OneDrive:

mklink /d "C:\Users<username>\OneDrive\Projects" "C:\laragon\www"

Also seems to work best if I do use the auto virtual hosts feature.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.