Laragon 4.0.16 & MySQL 8.0.18 - MySQL cannot start
I'am using Laragon 4.0.16 (190914) and MySQL 8.0.16 but when I want to start MySQL server it throws an error "Service MySQL can not start. Reason: Unknown. Please check MySQL log file".
I'am on Windows 10.
Attached is MySQL log file for review : 0_1574132412948_mysqld.log
I ran into the same earlier, but it boils down that you need to initialize MySQL again. It's missing mandatory tables.
- Delete largon/data/mysql-8
- cd to laragon/bin/mysql8.0.0.x/bin folder via cmder (important for step 3)
- run 'mysqld --initialize --console' (remember the password)
- run 'start mysqld'
- run 'mysql -u root -p'
- put in the password from 3.
- You are now in mysql shell and can remove the password again: "ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY '';"
- run 'exit' and ctrl + c the spawned tab from step 4.
This should work. Solution is also available from this forum, that is where I got it from in the first place.
@Mr-Pingu, just correct step 4 to command "start mysqld" and then run 'exit' and close the other console with ctrl+c.
@imeiul Thanks for your sharpness
@Mr-Pingu , thank you so much.
I'am sorry for asking this question, but i didn't find the same problem and solution has already existed in this forum.
Just want to update step 2; cd to laragon/bin/mysql8.0.0.x/bin folder via cmder (important for step 3)
Thank you again.
It was somewhere tucked away. But I know I got it from somewhere here, it's just that I couldn't refind it either so wrote this new instructions based on my notes
Thanks, updated step 2 as well for if someone happens to run into the same problem later again.
Check out my upgrade instructions here