How to upgrade without loosing data?

• | 149 points

Hi,

first I'd like to say THANKS for such an amazing environment! It works great :+1:

Is it safe to just install the new 1.0.1 version over the old one - will all projects, settings remain the same? Or how should it be done?

PS: Sorry for posting in the wrong section of forum :/

Thanks,
    Mark

• administrators
    | 115638 points

@aureliusm: Laragon has idempotent feature, so you just click Next, Next, ...and your current version will be up-to-date. So,it is safe to install latest version of Laragon overwrite the current one.
    If you worry, just backup 2 folders: your projects in "www" and databases in "data",

Bonus: you can change the paths of these 2 in Laragon/Settings to Cloud folders, so you can backup or sync them easily.

• | 149 points

Many thanks for your answer!

Installing right now :)

Regards

• | 1055 points

I have a question:
    regarding databases in "data", just backup data folder to another place, and paste it back after new Laragon installation finished?

• administrators
    | 115638 points

@rustadelo : Just backup for safety. After installing, Laragon will be updated and you don't need to do anything.

• | 227 points

@leokhoa can I update from the lite version to the full version in the same way?

• administrators
    | 115638 points

@oleonides : Sure!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.