Work with Redis

• | 21 points

In the description we have Redis in the enumerated list. How to start and set it up?

• administrators
    | 108149 points

1. Click Menu/Preferences
    2. On Services & Ports, check Redis

Now, Redis is ready. You will also have a Redis entry in Laragon Menu with Web admin & redis-cli

• | 1770 points

I don´t know if I am using it right way. Redis server is activated, checked with console it works. phpRedisAdmin is reporting under 1 MB of RAM used and zero (0) keys. Is it normal ? I surfed on several websites, RAM went up just slightly, after very long time, and keys are still zero.

Redis version: 3.2.100
    Keys: 0
    Memory used: 673.2 KB
    Uptime: 6 hours

• | 1770 points

Now it works, but with latest forked Redis (Windows) version. Native Laragon version is more than 3 years old and not developed anymore.

Redis 4.0.2 for Windows - alpha release!
    https://github.com/tporadowski/redis/releases

Seems as huge improvement in performance. But it is often subjective. Will come to this topic later and report back.

• administrators
    | 108149 points

@Stagger-Lee : Maybe your Redis client use latest features that missing from Redis 3. I will consider to upgrade Redis if it needed.

• | 1770 points

I tried with newest phpRedisAdmin but due to the fatal errors I deleted both Redis and phpRedisAdmin folders, and updated Laragon. Laragon generated fresh folders and files, so there was no incompatibility or strange new code there.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.