Laragon auto startup on Windows Server 2008

• | 4248 points

Hi,

I'm using Laragon 2.2.2 on Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise and I would like to get Laragon to start automatically when the server is restarted. If it's of any further help I am using MariaDB (running on port 3306) and Apache (running on port 8000).

I have tried the following:

1. Switching on the following settings in Laragon:
    • "Preferences > General > Run Laragon when Windows starts"
    • "Preferences > General > Start All automatically"

However, Laragon does not start even after logging in via remote desktop.

1. Looking for Apache and MariaDB/MySQL in services.msc and setting the "Startup Type" to automatic, but I could not find any of these services?

I've also found I have to right click on Laragon and to run as administrator to get it to run properly, otherwise, I receive lots of errors once Laragon starts.

Any suggestions on how I could get this to work?

Thank you!

• administrators
    | 62149 points

I want Laragon to be portable, so I make my own service management. It's faster than Windows Services but just suitable for development.
    However, you can make Apache and MariaDB run as Services easily yourself.
    Here's how:

1. Uncheck "Run Laragon when Windows starts"

2. Run Laragon as Administrator, then open Laragon's Terminal and type:

httpd.exe -k install -n LaragonApache
    mysqld --install LaragonMariaDB

1. Start the services:
    net start LaragonApache
    net start LaragonMariaDB

That's all.
    Note: When quitting, Laragon will try to stop the services. I will improve the behavior on next version.

• | 4248 points

@leokhoa Thanks so much for your reply!

I'll look more into what these commands are doing before I use them and then try experimenting.

By the way, do you have a way Laragon users can contribute a donation to the Laragon project? I have benefitted a lot from this tool and the support on the forum is fantastic. I would be happy to make a small donation if possible. Thank you.

• administrators
    | 62149 points

@haakym :
    You're welcome. A donation will not make me rich, but your appreciation makes me happy :)
    I'm willing to help, so feel free to ask anytime.
    Cheers!

• | 4248 points

@leokhoa

Thank you! Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.