Installing Rails with WAMP installation.

• | 1115 points

I think I originally posted this in the wrong area. Deleting the old post and posting here.

First let me say this is the best setup I have used for local development! I have used multiple setups such as XAMPP, MAMP and WAMP over the years and have found your setup to be by far the best! Thank you for making it SO SIMPLE!

Now to my question:

I do most of my back-end development with PHP and frameworks such as Laravel. But, I would like to start learning Rails.
    Do I have to install the rails version as a standalone in its own directory such as laragonrails if I already have the Laragon WAMP 3.1 version installed or can I install the Rails version on top of my current installation?

I searched the forums but was unable to find a clear answer to this question.

Again, thank you for the great setup!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Regards,
    Ray

• administrators
    | 64452 points

@codebyray : Many thanks for your kind comment. It will definitely motivate me to make Laragon better.

Here is my answer:
    Yes, you can install the Rails version on top of your current installation without any issue.

Here is my Laragon with multi-environment setup:
    Laragon

• administrators
    | 64452 points

@codebyray : I will update Laragon's website with a tutorial of how to develop Rails with Laragon.
    In the meantime, you can start with this post:
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/506/how-to-install-rails

• | 1115 points

@leokhoa Thank you it works great. Appreciate the fast reply.

Regards,
    Ray

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.