After changing hostname, some of the WordPress sites still revert to the old hostname

• | 548 points

Hi All

Anyone had this issue and perhaps provide a solution: After changing the hostname is laragon, a few of my WordPress sites will continue to resolve to the old hostname, while other sites work just fine on the new hostname. I've tried a few fixes like: (Oh and here's the kicker, the issue is on Chrome and Firefox, Opera, Edge and Blisk work just fine).

• Flush DNS Cache
    • Flush browser cache
    • Delete browser URLs
    • The host file is correct

Thanks in advance for any assistance that may come.

• administrators
    | 66215 points

If you have the issue with only some browsers, it is definitely the DNS Cache issue. So, flushing DNS should fix: ipconfig /flushdns

As you mentioned you did that - please make sure you run the command as Administrator.

• | 548 points

@leokhoa Thanks for the quick reply. I did originally run it as administrator and it did not work. Two browsers work, two others don't so I can use that for now but it's an odd issue. ;)

• administrators
    | 66215 points

@Athlone : it's so strange but caching is a clue. Is it ok with Incognito browsing?

• | 548 points

@leokhoa Hey! I didn't think to check incognito, and yes, that works fine.

• administrators
    | 66215 points

@Athlone Nice! I guess some further actions to clear browsers caches will help :)

• | 548 points

@leokhoa LOL... I've tried but nothing works, but Like I said, not serious I'll simply use another browser for those 2 x sites that are not displaying correctly. Thanks for the quick support and friendly help. Awesome support.

• administrators
    | 66215 points

@Athlone : My pleasure :) Cheers!

• | 548 points

@leokhoa I managed to fix this as follows:

In Chrome, open the Inspector > Network then make sure it's recording and go to the page you are trying to view (it will then fail with a DNS error). Then there is a clear browser cache link in the right window, click that and voila! So... don't ask me why clearing browsing history and flushing the cache the regular way did not work, but anywhooo... I can now work! ;)

• administrators
    | 66215 points

@Athlone : Glad to know how you sorted it out. You rock!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.