Clone Function in Laragon

• | 1583 points

How about a clone function in Laragon? What's missing from my workflow is the ability to clone a website. Something like this:

• First thing - In Laragon I'd like to be able to select an existing website > Clone > Enter new Project Name (URL) and voila! New website.
    • Second thing - In Laragon, select an existing website > Save as Template / Blueprint. Then when creating a new project I can create a new project and select a Template / Blueprint and voila! New website based on a pre-existing website.

For me this is specific to WordPress, my business has three major services of which one is building turnkey websites for businesses and a lot of the initial setup etc. e.g. Installing WordPress setting up starter theme, mu plugins, etc. etc. and this will save a lot of time.

Anyone have any suggestions to make this even better? Please join in the conversation.

• administrators
    | 82333 points

@Athlone : Have you ever tried Laragon's "Quick-create" feature?

1. Compress your "blueprint" project to C:\laragon\usr\blueprint.7z (Laragon supports .zip, tar.gz & 7z)
    2. Add the compress file to sites.conf (Menu > Quick create > Configuration):
    Blueprint=C:\laragon\usr\blueprint.7z

Now, you'll have a "Blueprint" Menu Item in Menu > Quick create.
    With this approach, Laragon will setup almost anything. The final step is importing your sql (from Wordpress Migrate, etc...)

• | 1583 points

@leokhoa thank you for the workaround. Although not ideal and a bit long winded, it works, thanks again for that.

• administrators
    | 82333 points

@Athlone : No problem. I will add the clone feature someday :)

• | 1583 points

@leokhoa Thank you... looking forward to that day ;)

• | 5120 points

Yupp, clone would be a great feature.

• administrators
    | 82333 points

@Athlone : I've updated https://laragon.org - now, it's time for your feature requests.

• | 1583 points

@leokhoa Woohoo! Awesome site and thanks for the shoutout!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.