What Domain are You Using for Development?

• | 2625 points

@leokhoa I try to update to 3.2.3 but I don't know why the domain still .oo.

• | 2625 points

@leokhoa Fixed, I try to download from github.

Thank you leokhoa-sensei

• | 3254 points

I know this is a bit old, but I thought I would add something worth considering. if a TLD is currently registered, or could be in the future, for a particular use or by an organization, some browsers (hi Firefox) force HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) and will prevent you from accessing that site when using SSL. A very common use case is using *.dev TLD with a self-signed cert and trying to access your local site in Firefox for testing. Firefox will block access and not allow you to add an expectation. So for me the only proper thing to do is use one of the reserved TLD...

.example
    .localhost
    .local
    .test

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top-level_domain#Reserved_domains
    ...to protect against this now, and in the future. Having said that, as long as one is aware of this, feel free to use whatever you'd like. For whatever reason I really liked *.dev, and it sucks I can't using it anymore since I need to test SSL on Firefox. I actually think what Firefox is doing is really good, but it would nice if you could add an expectation. I would just want that exception to complicated and difficult to do to make sure there is no possible way someone could naively (or accidentally) add that exception, but oh well. On to *.localhost for me :(

• | 1762 points

@pfaciana perhaps .NEW would be useful and is short. We are after all creating something new. I am sticking with .lara in honour of Laragon! ;)

• | 3254 points

@Athlone Yea, I'm all for doing whatever makes you happy. I was more less pointing out that options like *.new or *.lara, etc (to my knowledge) are not reserved, thus could provide a potential issue in the future. And I also thought it would be nice to let people know that if they decided to go/stay with *.dev and was not aware of potential pitfalls, it was worth noting. It drove me nuts for about a week the first time I encountered it. I had no clue what was going on and spent a good deal of time trying to track down that issue, and a little more trying to work around it. I do think using *.lara is a nice gesture.

• | 218 points

I'm using .ice because I'm a COOL DEVELOPER :prince_tone1:

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.