updated to latest phpmyadmin, cant see my old databases

• | 2553 points

I updated first to latest laragon version 3.2.3

since I am now running php 7.2 I had to update phpmyadmin as well, as I updated the errors I had with older phpmyadmin where gonne but now I only see information_schema and test datababases, I can't see my previous databases. When I tried to create new database inside phpmyadmin got this error:

#1044 - Access denied for user ''@'localhost' to database 'test55'

When I tried to create this database using laragon interface for MariaDB I got response that database already exists.

Perhaps I do not even have permissions to the view files inside database anymore? How do I fix this? I have enabled loging in to phpmyadmin without password.

What do I need to configure to get phpmyadmin to work again with mariadb?

• administrators
    | 87399 points

@nermamax : What was your former Laragon's version?

• administrators
    | 87399 points

If you upgrade from Laragon 2.2, you must follow this instruction:
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/474/how-to-upgrade-from-laragon-2-to-laragon-3

• | 2553 points

yes I was using laragon 2.2.2

you wont belive this, I do not know what happen but I did not follow the procedure above. I installed laragon into the laragon folder as previous version, I did not dump and restore the database since I was not aware there was procedure for updating from 2.2.2 to 3.2.3 and after first restart om my machine I had some troubles, I could not even run yarn or node, I could not see my databases and I could not create any new databases. I then manually add a path to nodejs and point the folder to laragon/node I restart my computer once again and voila everything works. phpmyadmin can now suddenly show me all databases, I can create new databases, I can do everything that I was not able to do moments ago, and ofc yarn, npm and node are working as well.

So I dont know what happens, perhaps its a ghost in a machine but without following the required procedure you linked to, I got everything working except for one thing, Yarn reports 1.2.1 while this page specifies yarn at 1.3.2

https://forum.laragon.org/topic/755/laragon-3-2-released-php-7-2-0-vc15-apache-to-2-4-29-vc15-node-js-8-9-1-yarn-1-3-2-composer-1-5-3

Not sure why yarn 1.2.1 is still running, but mostly eveything else is working at 100% now

edit: Also on that page its mentioned PHP 7.2.0 while I got 7.2.2 and node is at v6.9.5 on my machine while on that page v8.9.1

• administrators
    | 87399 points

@nermamax : I'm glad to hear it works now. I released Laragon 3.2.3 a few days ago so you have PHP 7.2.2
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/784/laragon-3-2-3-3-1-9-released-use-name-test-as-default-hostname-format-golang-1-9-2-postgresql-10-1

• For yarn:
      You can remove your yarn folder, then install Laragon over.

• For nodejs:
      You should not manually add nodejs to PATH, just click Menu > Node.js > version > node-xxx

Hope it help :)

• | 2553 points

When I press menu and node > version this is what I see

0_1519988682173_node-version.png

Is there sometihng there I should now click? maybe node-v8 should be clicked?

So you would recommend to completly reinstall laragon if I want latest yarn version instead of just me manually downloading and installing yarn into laragon/bin/yarn? I did that last time, it was recommended here on forum if one wanted newer version of yarn and I was still running on 2.2.2 which had older version...

• administrators
    | 87399 points

@nermamax : Just click node-v8!

" just me manually downloading and installing yarn into laragon/bin/yarn": it should work but I think the faster way is install Laragon. It's up to you :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.