Koel is a simple web-based personal audio streaming service written in Vue at the client side and Laravel on server side. Targetting web developers, Koel embraces some of the more modern web technologies – flexbox, audio and drag-and-drop API to name a few – to do its job.
I make this tutorial to demonstrate how easy it is (and how to overcome troubleshoots) when using Laragon with a project from github.
You can use the same process for other github projects as well.
- Make sure Laragon is running, press Ctrl + Alt + T to open Terminal
Ctrl + Alt + T
- In Terminal, first jump your Document Root
- Clone koel project, and jump to the project
git clone https://github.com/phanan/koel.git && cd koel
- Install npm-install-missing (this module will attempt to reinstall any missing dependencies).
npm install -g npm-install-missing
- Install nodejs dependencies. (You can press Ctrl + T to open a new tab and run Step 6 simultaneously. If you find any errors, run the command again)
- Install php dependencies
- Modify .env file
# After that, it can (and should) be removed from this .env file
Click Start All button to start Apache & MySQL servers. Laragon will detect and make beautiful url: http://koel.dev
If not, right click to open menu, click Apache/Reload
Create MySQL database for koel
mysqladmin -u root create koel
- Init database & done!
php artisan init
Now, navigate to http://koel.dev, you should have your personal music streaming server up & running