What is the correct way to set up subdomains?

• | 277 points

I'm using Laragon 3.4.0 on Windows 10 with Apache selected, and trying to install RespondCMS (respondcms.com). I get to step 9 of the install instructions:

"9. Create a subdomain and point it at public_html/respond/public

In the last step, navigate back to the main menu and create a subdomain (e.g. http://app.my-domain.com). Point the subdomain at your public_html/respond/public folder."

and don't have any idea what to do next.

I tried creating a new, blank site for the subdomain and then edited the .conf file in sites-enabled to change the ROOT folder name, but every time I restart Laragon it overwrites this file so that ROOT points to www/subdomain.test rather than www/test/respond.

Nothing that I've found in the forum seems to work.

Help!

• administrators
    | 96742 points

@peterb : You did almost right!
    For the .conf, you need to remove the auto. prefix so Laragon will respect your changes.

• | 277 points

Thanks - that almost worked! I still had problems with 'app.my-domain.com' but 'appxmy-domain.com' works fine.

I'm not too happy with Respond CMS though: there are lots of requirements that aren't mentioned in their Requirements documentation, and their code insists that Laragon doesn't have SSL enabled, so I've had to bodge the code to get it to run.

• administrators
    | 96742 points

@peterb : You rocks! Cheers :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.