Laragon 1.0.7 editing wrong files

• | 2855 points

Trying to install newer apache but Laragon still points at some files from the older apache installation.
    I found out, after renaming my directory to apache-2.4.18_64vc14_old, that when trying to run
    apache-2.4.20_64vc14, this happens:
    When I click on the Vhost file, is says that the file is not found.
    (if I rename the old dir back to it's original, it is found. So it point at the wrong directory. But I don't know, how I can make Laragon look at the latest one. Where is that configured?

• | 2855 points

I found out that it was somehow existing in bin/cmder/vendor/init.bat
    @SET "LARAGON_ROOT="a very long string"

I now installed 1.0.8. too and there is no such line, so I hope the 1.0.8 has done this differently/better.

• administrators
    | 64645 points

@marcelloh: Did you click Menu > Apache > Version to switch to your prefer version?

• | 2855 points

Yes I did, and when the apache-2.4.20_64vc14 was active, and after that clicked on vhost, it still wanted to edit the old apache-2.4.18_64vc14 vhost file.
    Somehow that init batch file wasn't updated when switching apaches.

I dowloaded the 1.0.8, removed the existing apache, installed only the apache-2.4.20_64vc14 and now it works fine.

So for me it is fixed

• administrators
    | 64645 points

Ok. Glad to hear laragon 1.0.8 solves your issues :)

• | 2855 points

Well I didn't say that the problems were gone.
    Replay: install a 64 bits version of apache next to the existing one.
    Activate that one
    edit the vhost file
    activate the other one
    edit the same vhost file again (and.... it's the one of the 64 bits, and not the one of the 32 bits)
    so my conclusion (can be wrong btw):
    when switching apache configurations, there is something wrong, and I think, somewhere, that vhost menu option isn't updates. @leokha can you check?

I just tried: shutting down laragon completely after the switch, then start again. Then the vhost file edit is the correct one.

• administrators
    | 64645 points

@marcelloh: You're right. Nice catch :+1: . I will fix it in next release. Appreciate!!!

• | 2855 points

Good, I was thinking it was just my daily quirk hahaha. ;-)
    Keep up the good work.
    Oh, and when you up for it, make a post in how to install 64 bits versions (or... should I do that?)

• administrators
    | 64645 points

@marcelloh : I had created a short turtorial:
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/16/laragon-1-0-1-release-announcement/4

However, it is for 32-bit. The 64-bit version needs to install Apache 64-bit, Visual C++ Redistributable 64-bit,...

It is very helpful if you could make one :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.