PATH Problems

• | 373 points

I've succesfully installed Laragon, and when I make a new website (Laravel) everything runs fine. The site is up and running etc. But when I open the terminal, it states a couple of (dutch) messages which means something like "Path not found". See the attached screenshot. I can't run commands like php, or composer.

I think it has to do with the Path Settings, so I used the menu/tool/path options to add, remove and again add them, but even with rebooting it doesn't seem to work. I've tried installing Laragon again but it hasn't made any difference.

What should I do? I'm on win10 64

0_1543259379249_Knipsel.PNG

• administrators
    | 97623 points

@Roy83 : chcp is a MS DOS command. Can you run the command in MS Command Prompt?

• | 373 points

Nope, that does’t work. The something happens when i run PHP or composer.

• administrators
    | 97623 points

@Roy83 : I'm afraid there is something wrong with your Windows because chcp doesn't work even on Command Prompt (which is outside of Laragon)

• | 373 points

I've double checked it, but CHCP does work in command prompt. Just the PHP (and commands like) don't work.

Sorry for the misunderstanding...

• | 373 points

I did some testing and found out something interesting. My windows user account is called R&R and I think the & gives some problems. When I type "%PATH%" (without quotes) CMDER returns just C:\Users\R, so there is the problem I think.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

I've already tried to add ^ before & in the enviroment settings, but that doesn't really help.

• administrators
    | 97623 points

@Roy83 : The easiest way is renaming your account. Using special characters in PATH creates troubles than benefits.
    I'll also check to alert of case similar to yours so we know why issues happen.

• | 373 points

But if I rename my account, the windows path to my user files stays the same (so including the &), right? I've tried another account on the same laptop and that did work, so if that's the best option i'll set it up, but if anything else is possible, that would be great :)

• administrators
    | 97623 points

@Roy83 : I think it can be fixed but it will take time. Let me check and get back to you later.

• | 373 points

@leokhoa Great! For now I will use another account. I really do like the way you support Laragon! Keep up the good work!

• administrators
    | 97623 points

• | 373 points

Awesome! It works now great! Thanks!!!

• administrators
    | 97623 points

@Roy83 : I'm glad to here that :)
    Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.