Regarding caching plugin availability

• | 597 points

Dear @leokhoa ,

First of all thanks for providing a great application for local development.

I have a question regarding the caching plugins. Can you please confirm if any caching plugins are enabled to the software? Like APC, APCU or something like that?

I am having slow loading issues with local development and would like to disable any cache plugin if enabled. Now I have looked at php.ini. and seems to cache feature was disabled. I would like to some official words from you before deep diving into the issue.

Thank you!

• administrators
    | 121912 points

Dear @sharkar : Many thanks for your kind words.
    By default, Laragon set no cache. To improve performance, you can consider using Nginx and increase the upstream process:
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/262/spawn-more-than-one-php-process/2

Also, you need to change setting of your MySQL/MariaDB to take advantage of your RAM. Google will help.

Hope it helps.

• | 597 points

Thanks, @leokhoa for your prompt response! Sorry for delay response to you.

I am trying to optimize the loading, if anything comes positive, I will reply to this topic.

• | 191 points

To use APCU (PHP 7.4):

1. Go to APCu, there is a table with available releases
    2. Click on the DLL
    3. Choose package from DLL list, depending on what Windows you are using (I will use PHP 7.4 Thread Safe (TS) x64 )
    4. Unzip the archive, copy php_apcu.dll in path-to\laragon\bin\php\php-7.4.2-Win32-vc15-x64\ext.
    5. In laragon, Click on Menu > PHP > php.ini and add these to you php.ini file (At the bottom maybe)
    [apcu]
    extension = php_apcu.dll
    apc.enabled = 1
    apc.shm_size = 32M
    apc.ttl = 7200
    apc.enable_cli = 1
    apc.serializer = php

See configuration here

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.