Does any laragon version support 2009 SQL?

• | 387 points

Its been years, but i was going through an old hardrive and found a old backup of my website i wanted to try re-start up ive added all the files to my localhost, hosted all the SQL, but non if it seems to work like it once used to, ive googled tons but all results say that mysql was obsolete with PHP.7? is there any versions or other programs i could use that would fix this in anyway? im out of experience and wouldnt know how to go about transfering sql to sqli or recoding it to fix the issue.

alt text

mysql_connect.php is as such:
    <?php
    $conn = mysql_connect('IP','ROOT','PASS');
    if (!$conn) {
    echo "Unable to connect to SQL Server";
    exit();
    }
    else {
    $slct_db = mysql_select_db('DATABASE', $conn);
    if (!$slct_db) {
    echo "Unable to Connect to Database";
    exit();
    }
    }
    ?>

• administrators
    | 112691 points

• | 387 points

yeah doesnt change anything still same issue, and the site constantly screams at me that the coding is broken when its worked before :/ guess my only choice is the redo it all? a lot of it seems to clash with other parts and just throw out streams of errors on line and sql codes all over the pages, seems like it connects to my sql, but doesnt refire back at the php

edit: could it be that the coding is outdated? (ive done this before, reuplaoded it and hosted sql back in 2010 and it worked fine but trying it nowadays just seems to cause so many conflicting code issues and im so outdated on sql i dont even know where to start)

• | 387 points

Going to take it theres no easy work around and i'm left to recode the entire thing with pdo or sqli? if thats the case someone confirm so i can give up lol i dont fancy learning it all over

• administrators
    | 112691 points

@Skull-Face : You can add PHP 5.3 to Laragon but I don't think it a good idea.
    Newer versions of PHP are less bugs anf much faster (> 200%).
    Also, using pdo and mysqli are easier (when you are familiar with them) and more secure (no more sql injection worries).

• | 387 points

Yeah did try older version didnt make much of a overall difference i guess the code is just far too dated, so my only choice would be to switch to pdo / sqli which means recoding it all, no worries thankyou for the replys i guess ill let that past project die lol

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.