Regenerate SSL certificate with modified auto.openssl.conf

• | 236 points

Hello all,

I'm doing something a bit different so it might not be supported, I'm trying to specify an exact domain in the auto.openssl.conf so it's picked up as a SAN (Subject Alternative Name).

I've already added my own permanent conf in apache's sites-enabled, but I'm having trouble generating a proper certificate was hoping there might be a way to just tack on a custom domain in the auto.openssl.conf.

Let me know if I can further clarify, and thank you for any help.

• | 236 points

Ended up following the instructions here on how to generate a new certificate, was able to copy and paste using WSL

https://gist.github.com/croxton/ebfb5f3ac143cd86542788f972434c96

Then just modified my custom conf file in laragon/bin/apache/sites-enabled to use the new certificate.

Laragon does it's job great alongside of now hosting my custom modifications. Thanks!

• administrators
    | 101895 points

@gjrdiesel : Glad that you found your solution.
    Here is another Laragon-way which may be helpful to you:

1. Open the template file: "C:\laragon\usr\tpl\openssl.conf.tpl"
    2. Add your custom domain below [alt_names]:
    DNS.2 = my-domain

That's all. Laragon will auto detect and generate proper auto.openssl.conf when you reload.
    Hope it helps.

Pic:

0_1549729507724_upload-d136a1e9-c5c4-4f24-8fcd-92ccb897374c

• | 236 points

I figured there was a way just couldn't put the pieces together, thank you for listing that though.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.