Laragon speed issue?

• | 85 points

Is it my imagination or is it much slower to use Wordpress locally on Largon than working on a web server on the net?

• administrators
    | 109642 points

@tangosdad : Your webserver is running with some processes while your local machine may use a lot of resources that makes Laragon slow.

• | 2325 points

Generally no, Laragon is faster locally than on a web server as there's no latency issues.

Having said that, there can be instances where it can be slowed down locally as compared to the webserver. I've found this to be e.g. when the local site (WordPress in my case) needs to make external calls to the internet and back, my internet at home and work is definitely not the big fat (redundant) pipe(s) that a data centre will have and thus this seems to be when there may be a discrepancy.

• administrators
    | 109642 points

@Athlone : That makes sense. Many thanks @Athlone :)

• | 2325 points

@leokhoa no, thank YOU for making such a great tool, and free on top of that! :)

• | 82 points

What @leokhoa said is a valid reason.

However, most of the time on Windows the issue is with the Anti-virus/windows defender scanning files in realtime.
    Try to add the project folder and Laragon to the exception list of your AV/Defender.

Double check if you have other processes/software making realtime checkes on your files.

• | 2325 points

I also forgot to mention, if you're using it in e.g. a Dropbox, Drive etc. folder, it can slow down performance. This is due to the shared folder trying to continuously update files - a solution would be to change settings to allow the shared folder to either update periodically or at times when you're not accessing it.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.