MariaDB 10.3 mysql.user corrupted

• | 363 points

I have been testing laragon using MariaDB v10.3 and v10.2 and I frequently having issues with mysqld unable to start and further investigation I found out that mysql.user always corrupt. The only solution I have is backup the three (3) files from C:\laragon\data\mariadb-10.3\mysql which is user.frm, user.MYD and user.MYI.
    If I encounter mysql error not able to start I just replace this file.
    Any answer/solution about how this file always corrupt and way to fix this?
    I love laragon so much but until this problem is solved, I think I will switch back to XAMPP in my development.

I'm using Windows 10 x64 with following setup:
    Laragon Full 4.0.12 190228
    PHP: php-7.3.3-Win32-VC15-x64
    Apache: httpd-2.4.38-win64-VC15
    MySQL: mariadb-10.3.13-winx64

• administrators
    | 105275 points

@borhanuddin : When you run MariaDB as normal user, Laragon can't graceful shutdown MariaDB and causes the issues. If you check laragon.log, you will see some messages.
    XAMPP controls MariaDB under Windows service, so there is no issue with it.

• | 363 points

Yes. I did notice that after a few restart of apache and mysql this issue will happen.
    Upon checking the laragon.log I did find this:

2019-03-10 17:40:16: Graceful shutdown failed!!! Did you change the root's password? - trying to force it shutdown...
    ERROR: C:\laragon\bin\mysql\mariadb-10.2.22-winx64\bin\mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
    error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

Is this issue happen because I change the root password using HeidiSQL?
    If this is the case, how can I properly change root password without causing issue with gracefully shutdown MariaDB?

• administrators
    | 105275 points

@borhanuddin : Yes, it is the root cause. To avoid this:

1. Run Laragon as Administrator
    2. Change the root password using Menu > Laragon > Change root password

Laragon will store your root password in laragon.ini (encrypted) and using it to send graceful shutdown to MariaDB.

• | 363 points

@leokhoa : Thank you. I will try that method and will update in a week.

• | 363 points

It's been 7 days as promised and upon checking the laragon.log I have found out that by applying the suggested method by @leokhoa; I can conclude that this issue is now solved.
    Thank You.

• administrators
    | 105275 points

@borhanuddin :
    Many thanks for your information. I am so glad to hear that :)
    Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.