Simulate Cron Jobs & artisan commands

• | 607 points

Hi, first of all thanks for this awsome work.

• As you know seting CRON jobs are pain on windows. Is there a way to make it easy with laragon?

• And for example on laravel you can create queue's as you know,
      When you want to use need to run artisan command(s) and in real world example (as far as i know) on linux systems you need to set up supervisor service's for this type of things.

If is it possible laragon has able to handle with these it would be awsome ?

Again thanks for awsome work.
    God Bless You. <3

• administrators
    | 105275 points

@akcan :

1. I think Laragon can simulate cron job
    2. Can you provide more specific info for artisan commands?

• | 607 points

Hi, thanks for your attention;

About artisan commands,
    When you created neccesarry files for queue system we need to run php artisan queue:work command from terminal and it runs continusly.

this provides processing for queues.

More details can be find here: https://laravel.com/docs/5.8/queues

There are some variations about this commands like

php artisan queue:work --tries=3
    php artisan queue:work --once
    php artisan queue:work --timeout=30

etc..

i know i can open up terminal and can run these commands but i use laragon as a production tool so when server restarted these commands stops.

And these must be run after apache/mysql start and the location of artisan file is project root of laravel.

For example
    if i create a project in C:\laragon\www\someproject folder these artisan must be work in the someproject folder.

i hope i can explain (non english person)

• administrators
    | 105275 points

@akcan : Nice - your answer is very detailed. Good news is Laragon had the feature 2 years ago :)

The answer is Procfile (Menu > Laragon > Procfile)
    In your case, just put:

SomeProject Queue=php artisan queue:work --tries=3 autorun pwd=C:\laragon\www\someproject

Take note in autorun, pwd

Ref: https://forum.laragon.org/topic/476/laragon-feature-procfile-what-is-it

• | 607 points

This was pretty awsome before this post i have no idea about that has been implemented :)

because of the name of the system name i have never clicked that button called "Procfile - What is it?" (my bad)

You are awsome <3

Thanks for everythnig.

Ps: with this feature could we set the cron jobs ? i check the heroku doc but can't find the details about that.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.