Just saying thank you!

• | 523 points

I was using Xampp for local development until about a year ago when I found Laragon & I haven't looked back since. This is seriously the most powerful local development tool I have in my entire "developer toolkit".
    I started working for a new company about 2 months ago & their entire team was using various setups for local dev and were always encountering problems. Setting up a new project locally was always a nightmare for them due to mysql version conflicts, having to change php versions, etc. When I introduced Laragon to them, they were amazed at how easy it was to install, maintain and how flexible it was to update/switch their dependencies. My manager told me that since the team has started using Laragon for local dev, project setup time has gone down from an average of 6 HOURS, to less than 30 mins. AMAZING.
    In the opensource community, people sometimes forget the amount of time, effort and hard work that goes into creating something like this. So the reason why I'm posting this is just to say thank you to @leokhoa for developing & maintaining such an incredible piece of software. Your amazing efforts are very much appreciated!

• administrators
    | 113950 points

Thank you so much for your kind words @eddielee394!
    I am so happy that you and your company find Laragon amazing. Laragon has many gems inside its solid architecture. I will make an article to introduce its architecure (containerized, portable, fault-tolerant, extensible,...) when having time.
    I really appreciate you taking the time to share your good experience on Laragon here. I will make the content of your post accessible on laragon.org's homepage. It will definitely help newcomers.

People are easy-forgotten. There are more than half of million downloads of Laragon so far but not so many given credits (738 github stars: https://github.com/leokhoa/laragon).
    However, I am glad that Laragon is used by users like you. Cheers!

• | 2369 points

I must second this thank you. The more I use Laragon the more I love it for it's speed and ever growing set of features. It makes local development exponentially faster and it's just so fast. Add to that what has to be the easiest way to backup/move ANY piece of software - simply copy and paste ;-) - and you've got a brilliant tool. And did I mention it's completely free?!

Thanks Leo for creating Laragon and for sharing it free. We appreciate your time, effort and excellent product.

• | 792 points

I'll add a 3rd thank you. I've tried almost everything on Windows - Xampp, DesktopServer, Local by Flywheel, VVV and other various servers run with VirtualBox and Vagrant. I would choose Laragon over those options any day. It's more stable, faster, comes with more features, has better support, and is just as easy to configure & use if not easier in most cases. Thanks!

• | 337 points

I want to thank you too for this amazing app, it helped me a lot during my training. So easy to use, I could focus on real code problems, and not on server configuration !
    Now I have my developper degree, I work on web apps, and I still use laragon to do the job.
    So, a thousand times thanks to you, I'll try to get the same sharing spirit when I will be able to build something interesting for others :)

• | 82 points

I have used so many other softwares like autoset, uniform etc., for creating local webservers and laragon simply beats them all at everything. Huge Thank You for creating this software @leokhoa . I have starred your on github as a token of appreciation and will spread the word for sure.. Thank you once again for an awesome job.

• | 85 points

Realmente o laragon é incrível, me ajudou muito no desenvolvimento web local. Os meus muitos parabéns Leokhoa
    Especialmente na facilidade de configurar o mail() e os virtuais host,
    Hoje praticamente consigo programar em php em qualquer lugar, qualquer computador com apenas um click
    att: Devgonga - Angola Developers
    Laragon forever

• | 4 points

Thank to Laragon.

• | 891 points

Yes, thank you for Laragon. I keep discovering wonderful goodies. Laragon rocks.

• | 62 points

Thank you so much for your efforts and for Laragon!
    It helped cut short a long list of requirements and installations for me to start learning Laravel!
    To be honest, I may even delay my learning because of the setup it needed.
    But then I found Laragon

• | 621 points

Hello @leokhoa, my name is Gerasimos Maropoulos and I am the creator of the Iris Web Framework, which you can find at https://github.com/kataras/iris.

I've just discovered this tool, certainly I don't have any serious difficulties installing the tools by myself but I am realazing that Laragon is not just about installing some dev tools about web development. I find it very easy to use and very attractive, so thank you.

However, I am not here just to say thank you:) I think that you can push this tool to Go developers as well, I see many PHP people here but Go is going very popular day by day, trust me; I can't manage my linkedin messages anymore. I am offering you any assistant that you may need for an Iris Web Framework, which has more than 15000 stars, integration with the Laragon tool, and I will do my bests that the news will be heard when it's ready, sounds great opportunity?

Now, some personal experience from a guy that started an open source project completely alone and still survives doing his bests for his community. Iris is one of the most succesful web frameworks written in Go, gain popularity from zero day, not surprise here; it keeps the balance between simplicity, performance and features and beat any other alternative on the following hot spots: in simplicity and usability, features and performance and most important active support . However, we don't live in a wonderful world you know... after every success, some bad things may happen and we must be prepared to handle them. The time your project will be trending(AND I AM SURE IT WILL) many people will suddenly start loving you and some other will be really hateful and jealous of you; because you worked harder than them but they will think that you did something tricky to gain this success, they will think that they deserve whatever you have because they worked hard as well but unfortunately they didn't work hard enough to create a success product/project. Except any dishonest individuals that you may meet on a journey like this, your project, Laragon, may attract and activate a gradual crescendo from the software competitors to turn you down. Do not stop whatever happens, you will always have people giving you the right feedback and the support you need to continue developing this excellent idea of yours.

I am always open to assistant you as much as I can, please do not hesitate to contact with me, even personally. My e-mail is public.

Again, thank you for this tool and heads up you have a big and full of surprises road to cross, I can see that!

• | 53 points

Seriously, when i started to use Laragon, i haven't looked back since. Immediately migrated all projects from xampp to largon and uninstall xampp.
    Thanks Leo for Laragon for making our development so fast and fun.

• | 3487 points

Yeah, I tried XAMPP, Bitnami, Flywheel, Homestead, and a bunch of other apps that just couldn't cut it for me after I had experienced so many crashes and bugs -- I ended up hosting my projects on a cloud server just so I could get work done for clients without having to tear my hair out. I've never used a Windows app for web dev that's been quite as stable and user-friendly as Laragon. Nice work, @leokhoa! =)

• | 307 points

i just found this apps this day, after trying so many wamp stack, both paid and free.
    thank you

• | 22 points

After MAMP failing on me, this just saved my day!
    Wish I would have found this sooner...

• | 134 points

Hi Leokho,

I've been using Laragon since version 4 and I never look back. Yes, I've never thanking you and I am so sorry for that. I really appreciate the efforts you've put for this project. Thank you for just an amazing piece of software. I am using this software in multiple system and project integration is super easy. Just small request you should also focus on create x64 version because sometime performance of x86 (32 bit version) is really bad. I'm not complaining just suggesting.

Thanks a lot for your effort. Cheers. :100:

• | 81 points

I Agree, Its fab.

Too much messing about with VM's ect. this makes developing on windows for the web a joyful experience

Thanks very much

• | 132 points

@leokhoa is a hero, a savior. Keep developing Laragon.
    We will be doing our bit to spread your work and goodness.
    Will you be adding an OpenLiteSpeed server variation any time soon?
    I am also looking forward to a Linux and Mac installers.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.