[Tutorial] How to add another PHP version (PHP 7.4 - PHP 8.0) - Updated

• | 12 points

@Vicc Same problem here, any solution for this one?

• | 139 points

@Vicc please check on your environment variable setting

• | 141 points

@TheFrenchCoder Nice! I think this video exactly how to add another version of PHP, version php 7.4 :)

• | 42 points

@wemersonrv

If you have a php version in laragon and another version appears in cmd -> php -v, you must reinstall composer and choose the php version for installation

• | 35 points

Delete old version of PHP folder,
    After updating COMPOSER 2.0, looking at the environment variables, nothing worked.
    Just delete the folder

• | 23 points

All versions of PHP is available here: https://windows.php.net/downloads/releases/archives/

• | 1219 points

Wow, I just spent like two hours trying to upgrade to PHP 8. First Apache wouldn't start at all and gave a pop-up error whose text was cut off, then read somewhere that apparently I had to upgrade Apache as well, which I did, but then I had to manually change a bunch of lines in a bunch of config files, then completely regenerate the SSL certs, I don't even remember all the steps. Is Laragon still in active development? 'Cause making upgrades like this easier (and hopefully actually work the first time) would be a GREAT addition to the feature request list...

• administrators
    | 126836 points

@shoelaced : You know PHP 8 has just released. It is a major release so there are some break changes. The good thing is you can upgrade to PHP 8.0 yourself without a newer version of Laragon. You can even use a Laragon version released 2 years ago with PHP 8. New version of Laragon will be released soon but think about the positive sides of it.

• | 1219 points

@leokhoa No worries, I'm not unhappy with Laragon - it's great, way better than Xampp and much less of a pain than Local by Flywheel for WP development. It just seems like every time I want to add a new version of something it never works the first time and I have to go Googling and digging through docs until I find a workaround, or post about it if I'm the first and hope someone has a solution. It'd be awesome to be able to just select a version of something like PHP or Apache and have Laragon auto-install/extract it, and maybe alert about dependencies that need to be updated, but even if that's not possible, updating the instructions here would be helpful as issues are discovered, so we could know to do things like change the php_module value and update the SSL certificates without having to trek through the forums for hours on end. But anyway I've got it working, and still love Laragon!

• | 42 points

0_1607093111350_image_2020-12-04_214511.png

i have an error like this sir
    any solution for this error
    thanks.

• | 42 points

its already solved thanks

• | 58 points

@juarisco Perfect video! :clap_tone1: :sunglasses: I wasn't sure if I was supposed to download the Thread Safe or the Non Thread Safe. I am aware the Non Thread Safe is for IIS FastCGI, but wasn't sure about which to use in Laragon.

• | 264 points

@yokim05

For those of you that read until here. You may modified your
    D:\laragon\etc\apache2\mod_php.conf

Change the php8_module to php_module, then problem solved but this is just temporary solution.
    In future, once Laragon updated to the latest version, this problem would be solved.

Before
    LoadModule php8_module "D:/laragon/bin/php/php-8.0.0-Win32-vs16-x64/php8apache2_4.dll"

After
    LoadModule php_module "D:/laragon/bin/php/php-8.0.0-Win32-vs16-x64/php8apache2_4.dll"

Hope it help :)

• | 218 points

@leokhoa we need an official update fixing this. Modifying mod_php.conf every time when we jump between from PHP 8 and 7 and vice versa is kind of a headache. Also extensions are not being enabled from Extensions side menu of PHP 8 (or is this the issue only for me?).

• administrators
    | 126836 points

@shmshd : I got it - will release a fix soon.

• | 264 points

@shmshd Yup, at this moment, we need to modify the mod_php.conf and enabled all the extensions manually. Just calm down, leo is working hard on updating this. Give him a little bit more time. Maybe we could discuss with @leokhoa and see what can we do over side to help him up instead of just requesting :). @leokoo , any suggestion?

• | 218 points

@lawweiliang I'm aware of modification to do to the mod_php.conf file and also manual editing of php.ini for extensions. I asked for an official update because Laragon repo is inactive since June 2020.

• | 264 points

@shmshd Hmm, agree. 6 months without update really a good concern but I got no clue whether @leokhoa there all have promising anything on updating timeline. For framework like like Laravel and Wordpress, they did.

• administrators
    | 126836 points

@shmshd , @lawweiliang : I was so busy with my job. The job is feeding me and my family so I can not make any promises on free project like Laragon.
    However, please be rest assured that I am taking my holidays adding some new features that make Laragon users super happy.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.