SEC_ERROR_INADEQUATE_KEY_USAGE Please Help

• | 1265 points

Hello. I'll realle appreciate all helps.

Recently, I update Mozilla Firefox to its latest version, 70.0.1. After that all my sites when trying to access them appear this error on Mozilla SEC_ERROR_INADEQUATE_KEY_USAGE. I think it was due to the update but if it were something else, I really need to know it.
    Thanks a lot

• | 701 points

I have this same problem when I change the document root. Only thing I can do is restart Firefox. Does anyone have any advice for us?

• | 4169 points

Maybe it's only my advice, I use ESET Internet Security, it can verify localhost self-signed certificate from Laragon. Maybe you can try using ESET IS.
    0_1587025298709_16-04-2020_260_15.19.00.png

Here is the error about:
    https://dimitri.janczak.net/2019/11/25/firefox-displays-ssl-error-sec_error_inadequate_key_usage-when-using-self-signed-certificate/

• | 701 points

Sorry to let this lapse so badly, but I only now got back to dealing with this. I don’t see how ESET could help, it’s not that the certificate can’t be verified. If I restart Firefox it has no problem. The problem is only when I change document root while Laragon is running. I looked at the solutions in the link, but I don’t know how to change the Distinguished Name of the CA, and laragon.crt was already in the Firefox store. I’d appreciate any other ideas on this.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.