Fresh install can't open php.ini, my.ini, or access the (empty) database with heidisql. Everything is broke.

• | 177 points

I just installed laragon 4.0.15 on windows in a new directory. All default settings.

If I try to open right-click > php > php.ini, it opens notepad++ but does not open any file. Same if I try to open mysql > my.ini.

I'm just trying to access the database so I ignored that for now. I generated a mysql password via mysql > reset and regenerate password.now if open right-click > mysql > Heidisql and enter the password I generated, I get the error "performance_schema.session_status doesn't exist". Hmm

I tried running mysql_upgrade in the console as suggested in another thread. It completed but did throw a couple warnings about unexpected number of results. But did not fix the problem. I eventually found I can add "show_compatibility_56=on" to my.ini which finally lets me open heidisql. Why do I need compatibility mode though?

Why are there so many problems out of the box in version 4? My old version 3.1x worked flawlessly. I'm now doubting the stability of laragon.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.