Laragon special configuration

• | 560 points

Hi,

I am a french teacher and i need a local server to try some software.
    I have to use PMB (free reference document management tool) with a new version 7.3.2.

Is it possible to have this configuration with laragon ?

The configuration needs specifics settings :

• Web Apache Apache 2.2 à 2.4 / Librairie Apache libapache2-mod-php7.3 / Modules : rewrite, ssl, headers
      For Windows : link between Apache and php for installation (file httpd.conf ) : LoadModulephp5_module "c:/php/php5apache2_4.dll"

• Configuration Serverr Web IIS Version IIS 7.5 à 10.0 with fonctions : HTTP Communes, Redirection HTTP, CGI

• Configuration PHP Version 7.3 Extensions PHP active : php-apcu, php-bz2, php-curl, php-devel, php-dom (libxml >= 2.8), php-fileinfo, php-ftp, php-gd,
      php-iconv, php-imagick, php-intl, php-json, php-ldap, php-mbstring, php-mysqlnd, php-mysqli, php-openssl, php-session, php-soap, php-sockets, php-sqlite3, php-xdiff, php-xml, php-xsl, php-yaz, php-zlib, php-zip
      Settings : date.timezone configuré (Europe/Paris par ex.) / display_errors = off / expose_php =off
      Configuration PHP : max_execution_time >= 300 / max_input_vars >= 50000 / memory_limit >= 256M / post_max_size >= 64M / upload_max_filesize >= 64M
      Settings specific IIS : fastcgi.impersonate = 1 / fastcgi.logging = 0 / cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 / cgi.force_redirect = 0

• Configuration Serveur BDD MySQL / MariaDB /MySQL : min. 5.5 max. 5.7 or MariaDB : min 5.5 max 10.4
      Moteur MyISAM resquest
      Config my.ini ou my.cnf : character_set_server= utf8 / collation_server= utf8_unicode_ci / default_storage_engine = MyISAM / interactive_timeout = 300 /
      join_buffer_size = 4M / key_buffer_size = 1G / max_allowed_packet=64M / open_files_limit >= 10000 / query_cache_limit = 2M / query_cache_size =16M /
      sql_mode = '' / wait_timeout = 300

• administrators
    | 125646 points

@totortroll : I don't have PMB to test but from your information, PMB should work well with Laragon. You can give it a try.

• | 856 points

Hi: quoting from the PMB site, it says "PMB was developed around a LAMP/WAMP platform (Apache, PHP, MySQL, etc.) that can therefore run on Linux, Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows"....live long & prosper

• | 560 points

Thanks for your help, but it remains difficult to configure for me. I give up !

• | 856 points

@totortroll Hi: I am assuming you are running Windows 10 and have Laragon in it's own directory, right? I will try my best to help you but I am doing a major project for a client right now and time is scarce. I will familiarize myself with the PMB installation requirements and await your response. Best I can do...Derek
    PS: there is always Teamviewer, lol...
    PPS: do you need Z39.50 for search function? If you do, then you will need YAZ. Also for direct archiving you will need bz2. You also need, besides MySql, GD and XSLT. I am assuming you want a fully functional standalone instance of PMB...
    PPS2: the given install method uses EasyPHP. Just wondering why you would use Laragon, which for me is the way to go, and not EasyPHP. The install would have been a bit easier for you as PMB's install instructions are geared for EasyPHP. Regardless, this matter simply requires a clarification of facts and the implementation of correct server variables.

• | 560 points

Hi,

The bigger problem it's the php extentions. A lots of thems aren't compliled for windows.

• | 560 points

I want to use laragon because is light and portable !

• administrators
    | 125646 points

@totortroll : Which php extensions do you think they work ony on Linux?
    If PMB uses them, they must not specify IIS as a web server

Configuration Serverr Web IIS Version IIS 7.5

• | 560 points

php-devel
    php-dom (libxml >= 2.8)
    php-iconv
    php-mysqlnd
    php-mysqli
    php-session
    php-yaz
    php-zlib

I can't find her for php 7.3.x

But i'am not a pro... for sur.

• | 856 points

@totortroll Hi: the only PHP extensions you need for the installation process are as follows and I quote:

"2.1.15. Important : PHP extensions

To function properly PMB needs various PHP extensions : YAZ, XML, GD ou GD2, BZ2.

XML, a must in order to display PMB messages on screen. Active by default in EasyPHP you don't have to do anything here.

XSLT, necessary for importing/exporting records.

GD ou GD2, needed for reminder letters or else for electronic documents.

BZ2 to allow for the compression of backups.

YAZ necessary for importing records in Z39.50 from other library servers.

The DLL corresponding to these extensions need to be copied in \windows\system32 : expat.dll, iconv.dll, sablot.dll, yaz.dll.

These DLL are available in the directory Program Files\EasyPHP\php for an installation with EasyPHP.

• | 856 points

@derek57 For whatever reason the editor on Laragon is not showing the full editor page so I will have to correspond in Twitter like messages...

• | 856 points

@derek57 If worse comes to worse, one can download EasyPHP and extract the dll files from it....lol. Making sure the versions match of course...

• | 856 points

@totortroll Hi: I am going to have to stop helping your right now as using Laragon for PMB will require extensive time with compiling and configuration. If you only want to evaluate PMB then I suggest installing EasyPHP and follow the PMB directions. Otherwise, option 2: install Linux (whatever distro) and the dll files will be readily available. Sorry but time is critical for me...best of luck...

• | 560 points

No problems, tanks a lot for the help :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.