Bugs with 2.0.4

• | 840 points

Upgraded from 1.0.8 to 2.0.4 this morning.

• lost my cmder/aliases file. It was over-written by the install version.
    • cmder gives the following error on startup : "C:\lamp9\bin\cmder\config\profile.d\ShortcutAutoExec.bat"' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file and checking the profile.d folder, there is no files in it.
    • auto-create virtual hosts is always disabled by me, but my hosts file still gets crowded with laragon entries.

• administrators
    | 61689 points

What a shame. I have no idea about the ShortcutAutoExec.bat
    I will check and fix the hosts file issue soon.

• | 840 points

Thanks.

I have a backup copy of 1.0.8 and there was no "profile.d" folder insdie the config folder. There are no folders at all in there, just files. So it came from a later version after 1.0.8.

Is the "aliases overwrite" expected behaviour during upgrade? If so, you should probably add that to your upgrade instructions for those of us that use aliases and make a lot of our own aliases. I have a copy of my aliases so it was simple to restore, but not everyone does that.

The "hosts file" issue might have been repaired earlier, I don't know. I have been using Laragon a long time (since version....3? I think) and keep upgrading the same folder so you might have fixed that problem in version 4 ..or 5..or 6...etc...and I just had the same bad hosts file all this time (I don't use it / check it so I can't say with real confidence).

Thanks again.

• administrators
    | 61689 points

Laragon respects these folders: data, www, usr
    Data in other folders can be removed or overwritten. I think I must copy the alias file in usr folder so it will not be overwritten. I will work on the issues this weekend and update new version next week :)

• | 840 points

Was the " ShortcutAutoExec.bat" or "aliases overwrite" bugs part of the fix for 2.0.5 or is it on hold for 2.0.6? I did not notice any info about this in the Release Announcement for 2.0.5. Thanks.

• administrators
    | 61689 points

@landjea : Oh, "aliases overwritte" had been fixed but I forgot to include. Updated the Announcement.
    I have no idea what the "ShortcutAutoExec.bat" is.
    I will release Laragon 2.1.0 soon with support Nginx, so stay tuned.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.