MySQL 8 Upgrade Instructions
These are the exact instructions to upgrade MySQL to version 8 on Largon v.4.0.16 on Windows 10 1909 x64. If you have already ran Mysql in Laragon you can skip to step 3.
BACK UP YOUR DATA FILE BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING!
- Install Laragon
- Click Start All. This will create the mysql folder and files at C:\laragon\data\mysql
- Stop Laragon.
- Go to Quick Add Configuration (Menu->Tools->Quick add->Configuration)
- Uncomment the mysql-8.0 (Line 12, delete # sign)
- Edit the mysql version to current version. (Change mysql-8.0.13-winx64.zip TO mysql-8.0.20-winx64.zip )
- Save & Close file
- Go back to Quick Add and select mysql-8.0. Download will start.
- After download, go to Menu->Mysql->Version and select mysql-8.0.20-winx64
- Rename C:\laragon\data\mysql to C:\laragon\data\mysql-8 (BACK UP THE mysql FOLDER FIRST!!!!!)
- Click Start All Button
- If you get VCRUNTIME140_1 error, install updated Microsoft Visual C++ from https://aka.ms/vs/16/release/vc_redist.x64.exe
- Stop Laragon.
- Restart Laragon
- If Windows Firewall opens give permissions for mysql
- ALL DONE!
Awesome!!! It work fine.
Thanks very much.
@benanamen thanks for the guide, worked fine, but after completing all these steps, you still have to close Laragon and re-start it before it works. Whether you are getting VCRUNTIME140_1 error or not we still have to do it, or else heidiSQL as well as phpMyadmin give connectivity error. Just wanted to point that out, it may be of use to some one facing this same problem.
you still have to close Laragon and re-start it before it works
Did you not see step #13 and #14?
@benanamen my bad, missed it in a hurry, thanks for pointing that out.