The user specified as a definer ('mysql.infoschema'@'localhost') does not exist

• | 404 points

Re: MySQL 8 Upgrade Instructions

First, I can't believe I stumbled upon Laragon! Where have you been all my life? LOL!

These were great instructions to upgrade, thanks! Everything went beautifully until I tried to connect to MySQL with SQLyog. I logged in got this error: The user specified as a definer ('mysql.infoschema'@'localhost') does not exist

So, following what I found on Stackoverflow (Answer 10), https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49992868/mysql-errorthe-user-specified-as-a-definer-mysql-infoschemalocalhost-doe I used Laragon's Cmder to run the query:

mysql> select user, host from mysql.user;
    +---------------+-----------+
    | user | host |
    | mysql.session | localhost |
    | mysql.sys | localhost |
    | root | localhost |
    3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

The info schema user doesn't exist! So I ran a Windows CMD as Admin and executed mysql_upgrade.exe -u your_user_name -p your_password in the C:\laragon\bin\mysql\mysql-8.0.13-winx64\bin directory. It took a few minutes for the schema to update, but there were no errors. Afterwards, the results of my query were:

mysql> select user, host from mysql.user;
    +------------------+-----------+
    | user | host |
    | mysql.infoschema | localhost |
    | mysql.session | localhost |
    | mysql.sys | localhost |
    | root | localhost |

The infoschema user is there! And, everything works like a charm! Hopefully this will help someone else!

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.