MariaDB and MySQL database operations replicated.

• | 329 points

Hi, I have installed mysql and mariadb, and when I perform actions in one, for example creating or deleting databases, those operations are replicated in the other :astonished:
    For example, if I delete a database using the mariadb connection that database is deleted in the mysql connection too despite it was active or not.
    I don't understand why. What can I do to have this connections isolated one from another?

Thanks in advance.

• | 3820 points

See laragon.org/docs/portable, you can keep your original directory c:\laragon and install a new version to a different directory e.g. c:\laragon-with-maria. You can configure c:\laragon with MySQL and c:\laragon-with-maria with MariaDB. They will both use port 3306, by default, so to run them the same time, you will need to change the port on one of them. e.g. 33060

To run Laragon with MySQL launch c:\laragon\laragon.exe, and to run Laragon with Maria launch c:\laragon-with-maria\laragon.exe

You may need to experiment a bit, but I've had the portable zip version running a different version of MySQL as I had to run a legacy app with an old MySQL and didn't want to affect my "normal" setup. Give it a try.

• | 329 points

@Pen-y-Fan But actually I'm already using a portable version, and when working with one of the databases, I close the connection with the other before
    I tried this with DBeaver, HeidiSQL and apps like that, with the same result of replied operations.
    I understand that if Laragon allows to use different MariaDB/MySQL versions, those should be isolated, isn't it?

• | 3820 points

Yes, as long as Laragon is in a unique directory it will be isolated. Try unzipping the portable version to a different directory, you will only need to "spin up" Maria. Then in your "normal" directory you can start Apache, Heidi, but didn't start MySQL. Don't copy the existing "unzipped" version, as it may copy the settings, which will point to your normal version, instead try a new version. You can always copy the Maria folder from your normal bin folder into your bin folder.

If all goes well you will have two Laragon windows open, one launched from your maria folder, with MariaDB started and the other from your normal folder, with Apache and HeidiSQL.

• | 3820 points

@oxk4r01 There is a reason my MySQL and MariaDB share a common database, see wikipedia.org MariaDB

• | 329 points

@Pen-y-Fan HI.Can you point to a source where that's accounted for, or elaborate yourself, please? Can't see the explanation about what you say in the Wikipedia link...
    In Laragon every MySQL/MariaDB version has it's own directory for store databases, his own my.ini, etc... So I still don't understand why this behavior.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.