Updated Laragon, PHP and PHPMyAdmin, now I get an error and Can't open any project

• | 328 points

I had an old Laragon working perfectly but it was able to install always an old Laravel version (6.8) So I did this:

• I updated composer version (february-2020): 1.8.6

• I updated PHP version to 8.02
      I have an error: Apache can't start

• I updated MySql to 5.7.19
      Now I have got the error:

Fatal error: Unparenthesized a ? b : c ? d : e is not supported. Use either (a ? b : c) ? d : e or a ? b : (c ? d : e) in C:\laragon\etc\apps\phpMyAdmin\libraries\DatabaseInterface.php on line 518

I updated Laragon to 4.06 and I get the same error: the PHPMyAdmin does not work and therefore sites are not able to start.

I have used the automatic upgrade in Laragon 4.0:
    Menu/Tools/Quick Adds/phpmyadmin*

and I get the same error:
    Fatal error: Unparenthesized a ? b : c ? d : e is not supported. Use either (a ? b : c) ? d : e or a ? b : (c ? d : e) in C:\laragon\etc\apps\phpMyAdmin\libraries\DatabaseInterface.php on line 518

What should I do now?

I am not able to access to any of my sites on Localhost and therefore I can' develop further

• administrators
    | 127184 points

@rmunozramirez : Please try:

1. Update to PHP 7.4
    2. Update to the latest version of phpMyAdmin: https://www.phpmyadmin.net/downloads/phpMyAdmin-latest-english.zip

• | 5029 points

• | 328 points

@leokhoa

• after updating to PHP 7.4 with latest English PHPMyAdmin version Apache does not start.
    • downgrading to PHP 7.22 works again.

But I am in the same position, I am not able to install Laravel 8, so I am able to install Lavarel 6.8

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.