Gulp Crashing

• | 1255 points

I did a fresh install of Laravel but I am unable to run gulp.

It first eats up around 2 gb of memory then crashes with the following message:

<--- Last few GCs --->                                                                                                                                                                               

31244 ms: Mark-sweep 624.1 (716.6) -> 623.9 (716.6) MB, 843.2 / 0 ms [allocation failure] [GC in old space requested].                                                                            
    32099 ms: Mark-sweep 623.9 (716.6) -> 623.9 (716.6) MB, 854.2 / 0 ms [allocation failure] [GC in old space requested].                                                                            
    32982 ms: Mark-sweep 623.9 (716.6) -> 623.9 (716.6) MB, 883.8 / 0 ms [last resort gc].                                                                                                            
    33848 ms: Mark-sweep 623.9 (716.6) -> 623.9 (716.6) MB, 865.3 / 0 ms [last resort gc].                                                                                                            

<--- JS stacktrace --->                                                                                                                                                                              

==== JS stack trace =========================================                                                                                                                                        

2: arguments adaptor frame: 0->2                                                                                                                                                                 
    Security context: 2A27857D <JS Object>                                                                                                                                                               
    3: loggingCallbackWrapper [Z:\Installed\laragon\www\myApp\node_modules\enhanced-resolve\lib\createInnerCallback.js:31] [pc=17490A42] (this=2A28703D <JS Global Object>)                         
    4: applyPluginsAsyncSeriesBailResult1 [Z:\Installed\laragon\www\myAPp\node_modules\tapable\lib\Tapable.js:~106] [pc=174ACA98] (this=391C3421 <a Resolver with map 24C85AC1>,name=13A459F1 <S... 

FATAL ERROR: CALL_AND_RETRY_LAST Allocation failed - JavaScript heap out of memory                                                                                                                   

I tried running with the windows console and it just took longer to crash.

Any thoughts?

• administrators
    | 69051 points

@skintillion : I'm afraid there was a memory leak. You may try debuging to see which library caused the issue.

• | 1255 points

I fixed it, but I don't know how hahaha

• administrators
    | 69051 points

haha, I'm going to recommend you to use Laragon 2.1.0 with Nodejs 6.6.0
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/239/laragon-2-1-0-released-with-nginx-support

but nevermind ;)

• | 1255 points

Well this just happened after updating.

0_1474390052712_upload-30f78b2e-a9d0-4fcf-8d12-f9d8cb92ddef

I switched from Maria back to MySQL and it was ok.

• administrators
    | 69051 points

@skintillion : You must have added some users to MySQL :) I hate the mysql.plugin which makes MariaDB is not compitable with MySQL.
    If you don't use JSON type column and in case you want to try MariaDB, just dump your databases and restore to MariaDB.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.