[Tutorial] How to add your favourite editor to Laragon and the Windows Right-Click Menu

• administrators
    | 109549 points

@johncarter : Why do you need to do the "2"?

• | 124 points

I don't want both - I just wanted Sublime 3 as a my editor, but despite changing the [preferences] it still was still using Notepad++.

• | 409 points

I have windows default to open text files with VSCode (for example if I run it in Windows Explorer).

Then I edit the preferences as follow:

[preferences]
    Editor=E:\laragon\bin\sublime\sublime_text.exe

I tried this too:

[preferences]
    Editor=bin\sublime\sublime_text.exe

I have some concern:

1. How can I keep both Editor in right-click windows explorer menu? I'd like to see some feature to give this ability to add individual right-click menu, and ability to remove individual editor right-click menu.

2. While keeping default windows text editor to VSCode, how can I run sublime if I open text/config file thru laragon system tray? For example this file should open in sublime instead VSCode:
      Laragon Config

Thank you very much.

• | 560 points

I am a totally new user. Switched from Debian to Windows 10 several months ago. Was using XAMPP for a while, then switched to WAMP Server and am now on Laragon. I've been using it since just yesterday evening.

HERE is how I was able to Successfully disable Notpad++ and replace it with SublimeText3.

Edit your 'laragon.ini' file, add this under [preferences] section:
    Editor="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe"

Navigate to C:\laragon\bin and rename the Notepad++ folder to something else. I simply put a dash -Notepad++

Restart Laragon.

• | 409 points

@jaimito said in [Tutorial] How to add your favourite editor to Laragon and the Windows Right-Click Menu:

Edit your 'laragon.ini' file, add this under [preferences] section:
    Editor="C:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3\sublime_text.exe"

Navigate to C:\laragon\bin and rename the Notepad++ folder to something else. I simply put a dash -Notepad++

Restart Laragon.

It's same as deleted the notepad++, and yeah,

• I deleted them, both notepad++ and VSCode.
    • Only sublime now in Laragon,
    • and then I install VSCode externally (install VSCode individually not thru laragon).
    • set default text editor to VSCode, set preferences editor in laragon to sublime
    • now I can launch settings thru laragon system tray with sublime, and VSCode if I launch it thru Windows Explorer

• | 560 points

@ryuukibeat i chose not to delete the folder for Notepad++ in case my method didn't work. I'll most likely delete it later.
    The only thing that does NOT work, is when I click the little h to auto-edit the Windows HOSTS file. It has to be done under Administrative Mode. It opens under SublimeText3 as expected but not with Administrative privileges.
    I know there is a portable version of SublimeText3. I may install that in a folder under Laragon and replace Notapad++ that way. And if it works, relocate all my SublimeText3 packages/plugins there instead.

• | 1770 points

It should not be this way. To delete/change names of Laragon core files. This is fundamentally wrong.

• | 43 points

Yes. I'm also facing this problem. I have config editor in laragon.ini but when I want change default editor for config file (like php.ini) it's always open with notepad++.

• administrators
    | 109549 points

@Stagger-Lee : What @jaimito has done is right.

• With Laragon, you CAN delete stuffs what you think not necessary. Laragon should operate without any issue. Things matter to Laragon are:
      -- laragon.exe (of course)
      -- usr dir (where you store your own settings).
      -- data dir. Fun fact is you CAN even delete the data dir where you store data for databases and Laragon will create a fresh data for you. This proves the flexibility and reliability of Laragon and Laragon supports the feature for MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB.

Other stuffs can add (update) using "Tools > Quick add", if you make something wrong, just install Laragon over with no worries.

• When you are not sure what you try to do. Backing up is the best practice. It's a golden rule :)

Cheers!

• | 617 points

@johncarter Yes this is exactly the problem, there is no way, to tell Laragon what the default editor is.
    I hope that @leokhoa will add such an option in the future versions.
    But for now, just delete the whole notepad++ directory from /bin if you have declared other editor.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.