Use a different DB client

• | 459 points

Re: Replace HeidiSQL I followed these exact same instructions, only for a different DB client and path (yes, I 'quoted' the path but it doesn't matter because there are no spaces). This no longer works, at least in Laragon 'Full' version 4.x. I put that command in laragon.ini but no button shows up. In a last-ditch effort to make it work, I then copied my DB client code into the 'heidisql' folder in Laragon to see if that would somehow work. The 'HeidiSQL' button then disappeared so I can confirm that won't work either.
    So, how can we add our preferred DB clients to Laragon. I've also tried the Procfile way but that didn't work either. There are no messages in the laragon.log. As info, my ini entry is:
    [buttons] Database=SQLyog: C:\laragon\bin\sqlyog\SQLyog.exe . That is pretty much identical to wht you told the person wanting Navicat to do.

• | 459 points

@kleeh I really just wanted to be able to see a way to launch this DB client from Laragon, like I see Heidi being done. I'm able to bring up that client and view my localhost databases as long as Laragon is running. I just thought there should be a neat & simple way to hook in any external app into the menu so we could run it from there. Thanks.

• administrators
    | 131219 points

@kleeh : You don't need to hack Laragon like that :)
    The Laragon UI is customizable. There are 2 ways:

1. Use laragon.ini:
      You need to use [ui] not [buttons]
      like this:
    [ui]
    Database=SQLyog: C:\laragon\bin\sqlyog\SQLyog.exe

0_1622138635008_upload-e7da3b47-2e50-4b24-90eb-f7af7fdd5a37
    SQLyog will the the display text
    and "C:\laragon\bin\sqlyog\SQLyog.exe" is the path

1. Use Procfile:
      https://forum.laragon.org/topic/476/laragon-feature-procfile-what-is-it
      0_1622138463759_upload-f38f8e53-d984-4377-ab3b-956c45845820

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.