Firefox afraid of Laragon's self-signed SSL certificate?

• | 367 points

Hi leokhoa, first of all thank you SOOO much :) you have ended 3 months of spending half my time tweaking local settings in 4 other setups. (Windows 10)

I added Laragon's SSL certificate by using Menu > Apache > SSL > Add to Trust Store

But, FireFox still gives error:

mysite.test uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed.

Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_SELF_SIGNED_CERT

I can see the certificate in Windows' Certificate Manager under "Trusted Root Certification Authorities/Certificates". Might not be a problem while working in WordPress.

TIA

• | 9869 points

• | 367 points

Well, For the the article in the second link, FireFox already recognized the self-signed cert from Laragon.

For the first link, I did a couple of things:

• Added to c:\laragon\etc\apache2\httpd-ssl.conf, line 3: SSLCertificateFile "${SRVROOT}/conf/server.crt"
      This did not change the warning so I reverted my changes
    • Generated a new cert and modified c:\laragon\etc\apache2\sites-enabled\auto.mysite.test.conf lines 24-25:
        SSLCertificateFile      C:/Users/enrique/.ssh/server.cert
        SSLCertificateKeyFile   C:/Users/enrique/.ssh/server.key

Laragon recognized this newly generated cert and showed a green lock by apache, but no change in Firefox.

I did manually type in https://... in the address bar, and that causes Firefox to show a dialog asking you to acknowledge a "security exception" -- presumably using the self-signed certificate but flagging it as unsafe.

By the way Chrome gives the "Not secure" warning as well.

I'm not testing any sandbox transactions or anything yet, so for now I should be fine with no SSL.
    Thank you for the suggestions.

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.