Integrate Cronical (windows based cronjob) for Laragon to simulate Linux-based crontab

• | 435 points

Dear @leokhoa , after struggled for several hours to simulate cronjob in windows for my laravel cronjob, I found out that using Cronical is really easy to use to do the job. I just need to put 3 files in the laragon php directory (Cronical.exe, .dat & .exe.config) and install it using "Cronical.exe --install" and start the service using "net start cronical".
    The configuration is exactly as linux based cron using for example "* * * * * php PATH/TO/FILES/files.cron.php" in the Cronical.dat config file.

Could you please consider to integrate this wonderful open source script to complete the Procfile feature in Windows based system to Laragon in future release?

Thank you so much.

• administrators
    | 132019 points

@aditbaco It seems a good tool. However, putting it in PHP directory makes it not portable. I will look into it.

• | 435 points

Oh thats just the way I'm using it. You can put it anywhere such as this in laragon\bin\cronical and it works all the same. because essentially it only just needs those three files and the install command to make it running. Maybe you could find a way to insert the cron command into the cronical.dat same as you re-generating conf files apache. Hope this helps. thanks

0_1622745962823_cronical.JPG

• administrators
    | 132019 points

@aditbaco : If you put on another directory, you must use a full path of the command. As it is a good tool, I will include it in the next release of Laragon and I also consider adding cron feature to Laragon itself to take advantage of isolated environment variables.

• | 435 points

Thank you so much. Glad to hear that! :v:

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.