Setting up Wordpress with SSL using Laragon

• | 1780 points

Hey Leo, thanks for the help before. I'm here to ask a simple question, or at least what I believe to be easy for you. I've gone ahead and enabled SSL on Laragon and it generated a SSL certificate. I have also enabled SSL in the settings of Laragon. But when forcing Wrodpress to use SSL, it simply says, "This site can’t provide a secure connection.".

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong? I'm using my pc's local ip and accesing the site from another computer. I added the line , "define('FORCE_SSL_ADMIN', true);" into wp-config.php

• administrators
    | 66720 points

@MightyRufo: What is the Details of the error?
    What web server are you using (Nginx, Apache)?
    What if you create an empty project and check SSL?
    Some pics will be useful.

• | 1780 points

Trying an empty project gives me the same message in google chrome, which is what gave me the "This site cannot provide a secure connection" message. As for error messages, that's the only one I can provide.

What would you like a screenshot of?

• administrators
    | 66720 points

So it's not Wordpress configuration.
    For Chrome click on Details, you'll see exactly the reason. It would be helpful if you test on Firefox (or whatever) also.

• | 1780 points

Chrome says : ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

The error for Firefox was.. certainly longer haha
    0_1475725300759_2016-10-05_23-41-19.png

• administrators
    | 66720 points

Are you browsing your project using IP? I've tested Laragon auto-generated SSL feature and see no issue.
    You may try creating a self-certificate yourself follow Kurre's instruction here:
    https://forum.laragon.org/topic/106/laragon-and-let-s-encrypt

• | 308 points

@MightyRufo hello, did you solve your problem ? I just installed new Laragon, everything seems that it's working with nginx besides https. I'm getting :

"asd.dev:8443 uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because it is self-signed. Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER"

I created clean project, nginx is added in firewall exceptions, it should work...

• | 308 points

I would like to inform that I have that same issue on my another computer. both are working on Windows 10 with newest updates. Maybe it will be helpful in next releases. Have a nice day guys

• administrators
    | 66720 points

@MonsterDream : Glad to know that. Nice day :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.