How use laravel 5.1 with the last version of laragon

• | 35 points

Hi, I need laravel 5.1 with laragon because 5.1 is the lts version and I didn't see any preferences options for that.

Thanks for your help

• administrators
    | 46801 points

@skayablars :
    Very easy :- just open Terminal and type:

cd %DOCUMENT_ROOT%
    composer create-project laravel/laravel YOUR-PROJECT "5.1.*"

• | 991 points

hi Leo,

should we use --prefer-dist if we want to install old laravel version?
    ex: composer create-project laravel/laravel YOUR-PROJECT "5.1.*" --prefer-dist

or it's ok to just type it like:
    composer create-project laravel/laravel YOUR-PROJECT "5.1.*"

• administrators
    | 46801 points

From composer's document:
    --prefer-source: There are two ways of downloading a package: source and dist. For stable versions Composer will use the dist by default. The source is a version control repository. If --prefer-source is enabled, Composer will install from source if there is one. This is useful if you want to make a bugfix to a project and get a local git clone of the dependency directly.
    --prefer-dist: Reverse of --prefer-source, Composer will install from dist if possible. This can speed up installs substantially on build servers and other use cases where you typically do not run updates of the vendors. It is also a way to circumvent problems with git if you do not have a proper setup.

So you don't need to append --prefer-dist as it will be used by default.

• | 991 points

@leokhoa thanks for answering my questions even if it's not directly related to Laragon

by the way, after almost 2 weeks using Laragon, i can say i will never go back to use xampp/wampp as long as Laragon exists :)

• administrators
    | 46801 points

@rustadelo : Thanks. I've updated Laragon 1.0.6
    It has Mail Sender + Mail Catcher + Mail Analyzer features. They make Laragon more helpful and they are very useful when you work with mail :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.