SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'homestead'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

• | 208 points

I must be stupid, and I'm surprised no one else has had this problem yet but I run into the following problem:

After installing Laragon and following the videos on laracasts.com, I'm now running into the problem of not being able to run migrations.
    Even when I try to run php artisan migrate:status I get the following error:

[PDOException]                                                                              
    SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'homestead'@'localhost' (using password: YES) 

My .env file looks like this (it's the default file)

DB_HOST=localhost
    DB_DATABASE=homestead
    DB_USERNAME=homestead
    DB_PASSWORD=secret

All these settings are from the default installation. What am I doing wrong, and how can I fix it?

• administrators
    | 48370 points

@Undutchable: No worry :)

1. First, click Start to ensure MySQL is running
      then open **Terminal ** and create a database, example "homestead"
     mysqladmin -u root  create 'homestead' 

1. Change your .env file to
    DB_HOST=localhost
    DB_DATABASE=homestead
    DB_USERNAME=root
    DB_PASSWORD=

• | 208 points

Thanks. It wasn't clear to me that the databases didn't exist yet.

• administrators
    | 48370 points

You're welcome :)

• | 54 points

@leokhoa I immediately registered an account just to say this: i have spent three days trying to figure this out and nowhere have i seen to create a database the way you explained it. i am so happy. thank you so much.

• administrators
    | 48370 points

@farmanp : You're welcome ;)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.