Windows installer

• | 117 points

Ive made a laravel app that is going to be installed by end users, I was wondering if anyone knew how Id go about making an installer that would :

• Download and install Laragon
    • Copy my app to the relevant place
    • initialise Mysql
    • Setup a vhost
    • run some artisan command

....pretty much do everything so the user has as little as possible to do, i don't really know where to start.

• administrators
    | 66720 points

@AaronKaa: Laragon is very portable, you just simply zip it and send to your customers.
    Let me explain:

1. You installed Laragon in your machine C:\laragon
    2. You created a Laravel app name: awesomeapp. There should be a folder name C:\laragon\www\awesomeapp
    3. The correspond database will be stored in C:\laragon\data....

Just zip it to laragon.zip (or laragon.tar.gz for better compression), then your customers can extract to C:\laragon or D:\laragon or E:\yourcompany\laragon,... no matter what.

He just run laragon.exe and click Start All button. After a while, he can browser http://awesomeapp.dev and use your app.

Note:

1. Your customers may use Skype which usually bind to port 80 & 443, so instruct them to unbind the ports
    2. You can instruct your customers to set Laragon to start with Windows and automatically run all services + Minimize Laragon to system tray. So, when start their computers, they can use your app without doing anything.

• | 117 points

Thanks for the reply - I actually got the exact same one on stackoverflow :)

• administrators
    | 66720 points

Have you tried it? In theory it should work.
    By the way, I see you had the same question on Stackoverflow and the answer was copied from mine :) (but he included source)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.