Laragon 1.0.7 Release Announcement
- Released: 2016-03-28
- Update nodejs to version 5.9.1
- Update phpMyAdmin to version 4.6
- Add ngrok to allow connections from the internet to local server. Check this post to know its benefits: https://forum.laragon.org/topic/88/allow-outside-other-devices-phones-tablets-to-access-your-local-server-using-ngrok
- Add [Reload] button to Main Interface to reload Apache in the blink of an eye after changing configurations... (You can achieve the same result with Menu > Apache > Reload)
- Change "Auto create virtual hosts' feature: Add ServerAlias to each virtualhost entry (ServerAlias *.xxx.dev)
- Allow Mail Analyzer bypas self-certificate when authenticate with Google Mail
Pic 1: Reload button
Pic 2: Reload Menu Item
i'm sorry if it's obvious, but what is ServerAlias for?
ServerAlias are alternative names for a virtual host to match requests to correspond code's location (DocumentRoot)
<VirtualHost *:80> #laragon magic! DocumentRoot "d:/laragon107.2/www/project/" ServerName project.dev ServerAlias *.project.dev, 3e66ccf0.ngrok.io </VirtualHost>
If users browser http://3e66ccf0.ngrok.io, Apache will know that the DocumentRoot is /laragon107.2/www/project/
From the VirtualHost above, you can also guess that: requests from http://project.dev, http://blahblah.project.dev, http://xxx.project.dev will be served with the code in /laragon107.2/www/project/
To know more about the importance of ServerAlias, you can follow my tutorial: Allow outside & other devices (phones, tablets,...) to access your local server using ngrok
Thanks @leokhoa ! You are awesome!
@leokhoa got it, thanks
I've just installed this and PMA is still version 4.5.2 not 4.6.