How to install Laragon with all languages on multiple computers?

• | 623 points

We run non-profit youth hackathons. We do have ~100 participants per camp and rent about 30 machines for people who have no laptop.

We like how easy Laragon makes it to develop locally with Node, Go, PHP, Ruby and Python.

However, setting it up is a nightmare: We download the base package and the extension installer (Go, Python, Ruby, Node) and need to install 4 packages on each and every computer one after another. We have an Excel sheet and note what we installed already. The 4 "next" clicks and the waiting for an installation to finish may be easy on one machine, but if you do it simultaneously on 30 laptops, you loose your mind (and at least 2 hours).

What are your ideas to make that installation faster and easier?

• administrators
    | 84054 points

@minthemiddle: Laragon is portable. So, you only need to install on 1 machine (to C:\laragon) and then sync to the 29. In the future, if you rent 100+ laptops, it would be no issue :)

Note:
    For PHP, you may need to install VC++ Redist on synced machines. If, the version of PHP is not a matter, you can use Laragon's portable: https://sourceforge.net/projects/laragon/files/Portable/laragon-3.1.7z

• | 623 points

@leokhoa Oh cool! Could I also install it on a USB drive from the *.exe and distribute that?

Edit: Are there also *.7z files for the other languages?
    Edit 2: It is pretty confusing: Laragon Portable is pretty outdated, has for example super old PHP files, but if I install Laragon once in C:\laragon with all the latest software, I can copy it around? Can I somehow help making all that modularity and different versions more clear? Maybe an extended tutorial?

• administrators
    | 84054 points

@minthemiddle : Sure, you can. However, I'm just afraid the security policy of your OS. Just try it.
    If it does not work - my suggestion is:

1. Install Laragon to C:\laragon then compress it and copy to USB
    2. Extract the compress to C:\laragon on new machine.

Hope it help.

• administrators
    | 84054 points

PHP & Apache have dependencies on VC libraries. You can install VC Redist if there is error about missing .dll files.

@minthemiddle said in How to install Laragon with all languages on multiple computers?:

@leokhoa Oh cool! Could I also install it on a USB drive from the *.exe and distribute that?

Edit: Are there also *.7z files for the other languages?
    Edit 2: It is pretty confusing: Laragon Portable is pretty outdated, has for example super old PHP files, but if I install Laragon once in C:\laragon with all the latest software, I can copy it around? Can I somehow help making all that modularity and different versions more clear? Maybe an extended tutorial?

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.