• | 2911 points

when I visit http://appname.dew I see:

Laragon

nginx/1.10.1
    PHP version: 7.2.2 info
    Document Root: C:/laragon/www
    Getting Started

Btw my laragon version is: 3.2.3 180227 if that helps

I just created new folder inside laragon/www and copy&pasted existing laravel app from another folder I have also inside laragon/www and that original app is working perfectly when I access it in browser.

But the new laravel app I had to modify for a customer and start a new project so I just copied&pasted all folders and files into new folder named after customers project and restarted laragon is it creates the magic url links for the app.

And I cant access this app but I only see Laragon welcome page as if I entered localhost only. Anyone knows why its behaving like that?

Edit:

I just created a new folder "phptest" and droped in an index.php file with this content:

phpinfo();

I still see laragon welcome page instead of php info page.

etc\host file as been updated with:
    127.0.0.1 phptest.dew #laragon magic!

So what is wrong with laragon so that it can't work with new folders no more? Only old apps work. I am on win10 with latest updates btw if that helps.

• administrators
    | 91344 points

@nermamax : You may need to check the generated Virtual Host file (in Menu > Nginx > sites-enabled) to see the root dir is correct.

• | 2911 points

sure here is from a folder where it does not work:

server {
    	listen 80;
    	server_name phptest.dew *.phptest.dew;
    	root "C:/laragon/www/phptest/";

index index.html index.htm index.php;

location / {
    		try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$is_args$args;
    	}

location ~ \.php$ {
    		include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
    		fastcgi_pass php_upstream;		
    		#fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
    	}

charset utf-8;

location = /favicon.ico { access_log off; log_not_found off; }
    	location = /robots.txt  { access_log off; log_not_found off; }
    	location ~ /\.ht {
    		deny all;
    	}
    }

and here from a folder where it works

server {
    	listen 80;
    	server_name laracraft.dew *.laracraft.dew;
    	root "C:/laragon/www/laracraft/public/";

index index.html index.htm index.php;

location / {
    		try_files $uri $uri/ /index.php$is_args$args;
    	}

location ~ \.php$ {
    		include snippets/fastcgi-php.conf;
    		fastcgi_pass php_upstream;		
    		#fastcgi_pass unix:/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock;
    	}

charset utf-8;

location = /favicon.ico { access_log off; log_not_found off; }
    	location = /robots.txt  { access_log off; log_not_found off; }
    	location ~ /\.ht {
    		deny all;
    	}
    }

As you can see there is no differance between then except folder names, so what is wrong with new projects I create in laragon/www none of them work no more.

• administrators
    | 91344 points

@nermamax : Strange. Can you change your hostname format to '.test' to see if it work (to re-create all virtual host)?

• | 2911 points

just did that and now not a single webapp works any more, for each one I see Laragon welcome screen. I need to be able to continue working on my existing webapp that worked just minutes before this, I have to continue working right now as we speek. What can we do about this? I do not want to install something else since I prefer Laragon.

• | 2911 points

@leokhoa

it also says: nginx/1.10.1

While I just minute ago manually switched to the 1.12.0 and restarted nginx, etc, but the Laragon welcome page does not say nginx/1.12.0 wonder what happened to Laragon, working so perfectly for 12+ months and now missbehaves.

• administrators
    | 91344 points

@nermamax : Something is strange with your OS. Do you have TeamViewer?
    Chat with me and I'll help you to sort it out.

• | 2911 points

Hi

I did the last thing that came to mind my and that was restart the win10 and it seems that helped. I do not know why that helped, perhaps something got cached in windows it self and it needed restart. Now everything works and I settled with .oo for now. Thanks for offering to solve this via remote desktop, that is dedication! :)

• administrators
    | 91344 points

Haha, I'm glad to hear it worked. When strange things happen, I usually fix them by restarting OS :)

Looks like your connection to Laragon was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.